IMPORTANT: Lets talk Cap & Trade and how Tennessee's Reps voted

House pushed through Al Gore's "Cap and Trade" scheme. This will tax the hell out of us, and raise prices at the gas pump, when heating or cooling your homes, and will raise prices on most manufactured goods. While Democrats claim that it will create "green" jobs, they make NO mention of the jobs which will be lost .... Shipped overseas to countries without these self-imposed restrictions.

H R 2454 (Roll # 477)

American Clean Energy and Security Act

On Passage

6/26/2009 – 111th Congress, 1st Session

Result: Passed

GOP DEM IND Total

Yeas 8 211 0 219

Noes 168 44 0 212

Pres 0 0 0 0

NV 2 1 0 3

Here are how our Tennessee representatives voted this day:

(find how all state's representatives voted at the following site: House Passes Job Killing Cap and Trade Bill | Bucks Right )

AGAINST Cap & Trade:

Blackburn (R, TN-07)

Davis (D, TN-4)

Duncan (R, TN-02)

Roe (R, TN-01)

Tanner (D, TN)

Wamp (R, TN-03)

Please take a moment and thank them for standing up for we Tenneseans.

These are the Tennessee representatives who voted IN FAVOR of Cap & Trade:

Cohen (D, TN-9)

Washington D.C.

1005 Longworth House

Office Building

Washington DC 20515

Phone: (202) 225-3265

Fax: (202)225-5663

Cooper (D, TN-5)

Washington D.C. Office

1536 Longworth HOB

Washington, D.C. 20515

Phone: 202-225-4311

Fax: 202-226-1035

Gordon (D, TN-6)

Washington Office

2306 Rayburn HOB

Washington, D.C. 20515

Phone: (202) 225-4231

Fax: (202) 225-6887

PLEASE - Take a moment and let them know how you feel about these representatives looking after PARTY IDEOLOGY, rather than what's in the best interests of the Tennesseans they are supposed to represent.

Next week, this bill goes to the Senate, where there is more of a chance for Republicans to step up and filibuster. CONTACT our state representatives!

Senator Lamar Alexander

United States Senator - Lamar Alexander - Contact Us

Office of Senator Alexander

SD-455 / Washington, DC 20510

Voice: (202) 224-4944

Fax: (202) 228-3398

Senator Bob Corker

.: United States Senator Bob Corker, Tennessee :: Contact Information :.

United States Senate

Dirksen Senate Office Building

SD-185

Washington, DC 20510

Main: 202-224-3344

Fax: 202-228-0566

I sent email to Senator Corker and his response leads me to believe that he's sitting on the fence.

WRITE ... CALL ... FAX

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed Corker and Alexander, for whatever that's worth. The extreme left is going to destroy this country. I'm pretty sure we can count on Alexander to screw us again, but I haven't given up hope for Corker yet(but I'm close).:P On the plus side, I'm happy with Rep. Roe so far.:)

emailed to two Senators, one of which ought to stick to playing the piano.

Told both of them to vote no, stressed it several times actually.

Told RINO Lamar if he voted yes I will vote for anyone who runs against him in the future.

Seeing as to how Alexander was the ONLY Republican Senator to vote against the Coburn Amendment, and just this week voted with eight other RINO's to end the filibuster against Koh, I can only expect him to do whatever is most harmful to us.

Guest usnsniper

It looks like it's time for Alexander, Gordon and several others to "pursue other interests." They have forgotten who they work for and they fail to listen to the voices that are supposed to be represented. Oh the idiodicy of politics.

Guest cowboy20th

I feel like this is a dream, no wait a nightmare. I want to just get pinched and then wake up. I work and go to school paying my own way, if the effects of this bill are really going to happen I won't be able to afford my apartment, gas, books, or anything else that is essential to me. Is this really happening? Are people seriously considering this? I think we need a public show of support against this bill. We need a huge protest. We need to show our government we are not afraid of it, and will be happy to show it its place. Just my 2 cents.

I feel like this is a dream, no wait a nightmare. I want to just get pinched and then wake up. I work and go to school paying my own way, if the effects of this bill are really going to happen I won't be able to afford my apartment, gas, books, or anything else that is essential to me. Is this really happening? Are people seriously considering this? I think we need a public show of support against this bill. We need a huge protest. We need to show our government we are not afraid of it, and will be happy to show it its place. Just my 2 cents.

This is just the beginning of the nightmare. If this thing passes it will get alot worse. The average worker right now has to scrape and save every penny just to get by and when their electric bill and gas bill doubles I hope they finally see who's to blame and not allow the media to continue to blame Bush which they will try to do somehow.

Email sent to Corker and that POS Alexander.

I had sent multiple emails to that POS Cooper which didn't do any good but I would have been very surprised if the emails to him would have made a difference.

We sure have some work to do to get these guys replaced.

Guest TurboniumOxide

With CAP and TRADE the Federal Government will have finally achieved it's goal of TAXING us ON EVERY LEVEL POSSIBLE. It takes energy to:

Plow, plant, water, till, harvest, clean, package, load, ship, unload, shelve, light, buy and cook food. At EVERY step along the way, the government carves a little more flesh from us all. CAP and TRADE is an ABOMINATION. Talk about multiple taxation, this was what the WAR OF INDEPENDENCE was all about.

If Al Gore was actually a scientist, and this bill actually helped cut pollution, I would probably be for it, it's just another way to tax people for no good reason. I am a Geology major with a chem minor, and some things we have done, like ban CFC's, actually do help the environment. Others, are just feel good crapola that sounds good if you aren't actually a scientist.

Guest TurboniumOxide

It isn't about cleaning up the environment. That is just a happy coincidence. There is premeditated greed at work here, it is the trojan horse.

Well, measures like putting ethanol in gasoline actually helps pollution. I did research at MTSU summer 2008 on biodiesel and gasoline additives. 10% ethanol added reduced major pollutants, but cut mileage by 3%, a worthy tradeoff.

Guest redbarron06
Well, measures like putting ethanol in gasoline actually helps pollution. I did research at MTSU summer 2008 on biodiesel and gasoline additives. 10% ethanol added reduced major pollutants, but cut mileage by 3%, a worthy tradeoff.

Ohh but you miss the point by adding ethanol to your gas they knew it would lower you milage meaning that you have to buy more gas, meaning that you will pay more in gas taxes. Now what about this new law for increasing milage on cars and trucks. The thechnology does not exist to make my 4 door ram pickup truck get 28 MPG. Now right befre the deadline the govt will mandate the other 10% etyhanol to be added to gas and that will lower milage even more. It is a continious cycle to increase the ammount of money we pay into the government.

Email sent to Corker and that POS Alexander.

I had sent multiple emails to that POS Cooper which didn't do any good but I would have been very surprised if the emails to him would have made a difference.

We sure have some work to do to get these guys replaced.

I would hope they vote with the GOP against this bill. We also need to remember the POS U.S. Reps. who voted for it.

Out of curiosity I searched Democratic Senators from other states that sometimes lean conservative, if only the people in these states pressured these Senators and threatened to vote them out of office, well, maybe that's just a pipe dream. Anyway, I excluded the ones from Kalifornia, Ill,noise, and the British Empire (New England) states. I also ommited all GOP Senators except Alexander.

Alexander, Lamar - (R - TN)

Barrasso, John - (R - WY)

Baucus, Max - (D - MT)

Bayh, Evan - (D - IN)

Begich, Mark - (D - AK)

Bennet, Michael F. - (D - CO)

Bingaman, Jeff - (D - NM)

Brown, Sherrod - (D - OH) Cl

Cardin, Benjamin L. - (D - MD)

Casey, Robert P., Jr. - (D - PA)

Dorgan, Byron L. - (D - ND)

Hagan, Kay R. - (D - NC)

Harkin, Tom - (D - IA)

Johnson, Tim - (D - SD)

Landrieu, Mary L. - (D - LA)

Levin, Carl - (D - MI)

Lincoln, Blanche L. - (D - AR)

McCaskill, Claire - (D - MO)

Mikulski, Barbara A. - (D - MD)

Nelson, Ben - (D - NE)

Nelson, Bill - (D - FL)

Pryor, Mark L. - (D - AR)

Rockefeller, John D., IV - (D - WV)

Specter, Arlen - (D - PA)

Stabenow, Debbie - (D - MI)

Tester, Jon - (D - MT)

Udall, Mark - (D - CO)

Warner, Mark R. - (D - VA)

Webb, Jim - (D - VA)

Term expires in 2011

Bayh, Evan - (D - IN) Class III

Bennet, Michael F. - (D - CO) Class III

Dorgan, Byron L. - (D - ND) Class III

Lincoln, Blanche L. - (D - AR) Class III

Mikulski, Barbara A. - (D - MD) Class III

Specter, Arlen - (D - PA) Class III

Guest tnvolfan

Well I sent my letters to our senators, and I will probably send more before the vote. If the Republicans in the House had been united in this, the bill would have never passed. It would have been defeated by one vote! I also intend to send letters of disgust to the TN Democratic reps who voted for this piece of garbage. We have got to get these pork barrel idiots out of office. Anyone out there want to run for one of their offices???

Can't help but notice that the "cap & trade" scheme calls for 'credits' to low-income folks ... Sounds like another way of Democrats trying to maintain their voting base. "Vote with us, and we'll make sure you get free goodies ... courtesy of someone else."

Also - this, as with proposed health care legislation, won't apply to the politicians and media elite who push it. They're all wealthy ... These laws are all good for us "common folk," but won't have much of an effect on them.

I just LOVE how they're all looking out for me!

With CAP and TRADE the Federal Government will have finally achieved it's goal of TAXING us ON EVERY LEVEL POSSIBLE. It takes energy to:

Plow, plant, water, till, harvest, clean, package, load, ship, unload, shelve, light, buy and cook food. At EVERY step along the way, the government carves a little more flesh from us all. CAP and TRADE is an ABOMINATION. Talk about multiple taxation, this was what the WAR OF INDEPENDENCE was all about.

No, actually the war of independence was over a tax that amounted to about 2%, without any representation of the people in the parliament. The royal governers pretty much passed any law they wanted, damn what the people thought.

This bill is what the SECOND war of independence will be about. :blink:

Something has got to give here. Businesses are already going overseas like rats off of a sinking ship and this "cap and trade" isn't going to help any. I just don't know what these people are thinking...aren't we taxed enough?

Seems that all these idiots are all for taxing the crap out of big business, but what the fools don't understand is that the business passes the cost down to the consumer (you, me and them.)

Well, I guess if it's for the children or to save the planet I'm for it.:blink:

Edited by BrasilNuts
Can't help but notice that the "cap & trade" scheme calls for 'credits' to low-income folks ... Sounds like another way of Democrats trying to maintain their voting base. "Vote with us, and we'll make sure you get free goodies ... courtesy of someone else."

Also - this, as with proposed health care legislation, won't apply to the politicians and media elite who push it. They're all wealthy ... These laws are all good for us "common folk," but won't have much of an effect on them.

I just LOVE how they're all looking out for me!

Yea, and at the same time these low income folks are going to find that their electric bill, natural gas bill, heating oil, and the price of gas at the pumps are going to greatly increase which will also raise shipping costs thus raising the price of everything that's shipped which is, uhh everything. :pleased:

Ohh but you miss the point by adding ethanol to your gas they knew it would lower you milage meaning that you have to buy more gas, meaning that you will pay more in gas taxes. Now what about this new law for increasing milage on cars and trucks. The thechnology does not exist to make my 4 door ram pickup truck get 28 MPG. Now right befre the deadline the govt will mandate the other 10% etyhanol to be added to gas and that will lower milage even more. It is a continious cycle to increase the ammount of money we pay into the government.

Adding another 10% won't help. We found that 8-10% ethanol by volume is the optimal amount for reducing pollutants. I am not completely sure how, but "more is better" doesn't work here. The oxygen helps the gasoline burn more completely. For that 3% tradeoff though, the pollutants are reduced significantly, about half, of their previous levels. You don't see half pollutant reducing worth a 3% gas reduction? I am not arguing for this bill, merely stating that some of the pollutant reducing measures actually work. To be honest, I hate having a car, and wish I could do without one. Insurance, gas, maintenance, ect. The problem is, our cities are laid out to where you pretty much need a car to get around.

Let us hope that Senators are smarter than representatives and can see what this legislation will do to America. Now, and up until voting time is the time to pressure your Senators . Let them know what this legislation will do to America.

Just what is cap and trade supposed to do, anyway, besides turning America into developing nation stature! This policy is driven by politics, not the independent thinking, speaking, of scientists who can not agree if there is actually a problem. This country was built on energy and runs on energy.

Much of the mess we find ourselves in could be resolved with an energy policy that would include drilling and nuclear. Instead, we have a policy of a tire gauge and hot air.

Wake up, America.

oldogy

Let us hope that Senators are smarter than representatives and can see what this legislation will do to America. Now, and up until voting time is the time to pressure your Senators . Let them know what this legislation will do to America.

Just what is cap and trade supposed to do, anyway, besides turning America into developing nation stature! This policy is driven by politics, not the independent thinking, speaking, of scientists who can not agree if there is actually a problem. This country was built on energy and runs on energy.

Much of the mess we find ourselves in could be resolved with an energy policy that would include drilling and nuclear. Instead, we have a policy of a tire gauge and hot air.

Wake up, America.

oldogy

It was a real close vote in the House and I believe the Dems have a pretty good majority which means some Democrats went against their party. Also several commentators believe it wont pass the Senate, I hope their right. We still need to write Alexander and Corker.

Adding another 10% won't help. We found that 8-10% ethanol by volume is the optimal amount for reducing pollutants. I am not completely sure how, but "more is better" doesn't work here. The oxygen helps the gasoline burn more completely. For that 3% tradeoff though, the pollutants are reduced significantly, about half, of their previous levels. You don't see half pollutant reducing worth a 3% gas reduction? I am not arguing for this bill, merely stating that some of the pollutant reducing measures actually work. To be honest, I hate having a car, and wish I could do without one. Insurance, gas, maintenance, ect. The problem is, our cities are laid out to where you pretty much need a car to get around.

Of course one has to "forget" the higher cost of producing the ethanol. It can't be sent via the pipelines because of the high water content ergo must be trucked to be mixed with gasoline, hardly a "saving". The use of grains diverted to make ethanol have increased cost of food formerly made from those grains. Ethanol can never replace gasoline since the demand for fuel exceeds the acreage needed even if every piece of land were devoted to growing grain just for fuel (to include land not currently in use).

Biodiesel is a much more efficient fuel but some of the same problems apply there as well.