FNH 5-7

highshot

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

Yes, they are great guns, but you just have to find 5.7 ammo for it, so it's not as abundant as other calibers (not that anything is really abundant these days).

Some folks argue the effectiveness of 5.7 vs 9mm. If you get an FN 5.7 you could also get a PS90 so you'd have two guns to use with that ammo.

Guest TUNER260

I own one and love it. If you are wanting a carry gun i would choose somthing else but if you want somthing fun to shoot they are great.

Well, I've been lusting after one, lol. I saw one at a local gun shop, liked it, and now a friend of mine bought one. I had a chance to fire it friday and I loved it. It's a lightweigt semi auto pistol, fires the 5.7 X 28mm round, and comes with 3 mags, each holding 20 rounds! Seems VERY accurate and was very easy to aim and fire. I saw ammo for it at the gun show in Smyrna on Saturday going for 21.99 for 50 rounds. Now the bad news....it's expensive. prtobably around 1000. The gun show had one of the original ones on sale for 2000, but thats a collectors gun. Locally Ive seen them from 850 used to a about 1100 or so new.

I was watching the show handguns and they show this pistol. Does anyone know any thing about them?

I have one and love it. Primary advantages;

1) Light overall.

2) Large capacity (extended mags hold 30 + 1).

3) Accurate.

4) Longer range.

5) Little recoil.

6) Shares my PS90 ammo. :up:

There's never been a shortage of 5.7 x 28mm, so it has that going for it, too. And in the scheme of things, it's not terribly expensive compared to what other stuff has risen to. You can get it any day of the week for ca. $38/100 rounds. Surplus Ammo ALWAYS has it in stock.

good gun accurate, low recoil, did i mention accurate. not the most dependable gun i've owned but you keep it super clean and it works fine. ammo is not bad you can get them at around $19 per 50 if you look around.

Guest joeharris

Love mine, 100% reliable, ammo is no problem available anywhere for $20.-$22. per box! Ammo Price actually went down from 2 yrs. ago!

FYI. Dont buy much of the SS 195 28 gr. ammo, due to it's Lead-Free Primer, has a Shelf-Life of a few yrs.( still being debated as to how long!):P

Guest beefcakeb0

i too have a hankerin as well as a lust for the FiveseveN. and why would it not make a good carry piece. id drool on myself when i see it on my hip

Guest TUNER260
i too have a hankerin as well as a lust for the FiveseveN. and why would it not make a good carry piece. id drool on myself when i see it on my hip

Some people say it has too much penetration power.

Guest Rem_700

When I first saw them being shot on youtube,I just had to have one.So I went to Bass Pro and bought one,was on sale for $929.I got it home and ran 200 rnds threw her and not one problem,very pleasent to shoot and very accurate as others have said.Put it back in the safe and shot it a few more times,but it seems to me that it was just a novelty item that I wanted and once the novelty wore off I no longer cared much for it.It is a rather large gun,so I think carrying it would be a little difficult.I sold mine 3 months after buying it, as for ammo,its right inline with all the other popular calibers, I was paying $20 per 50rnds...You may be different,It may not be a novelty item for you.

Guest joeharris

Love mine, little big to carry concealed, unless in the winter. The 197 SS ammo is what most use for Self-Defense!

Ammo is no problem, seems to have gotten a little cheaper in the last 2 yrs. about $20. for a box of 50, also got a 10 round mag extension, which is really great!:)

Guest TUNER260
Actually, I think most people say the opposite, no? That's one reason it's used in crowd control.

Thats just what i remember reading somepeople saying on another post but i can barely remeber yesterday much less what i read months ago.:screwy:I need a vacation.

Guest beefcakeb0
Yeah its made to not overpenetrate once it hits a soft object....however even the lowly SS195 will go through IIa armor.

i wouldnt advertive that too loudly for fear of another batfe evaluation... hehe

regardless i have got to have one..... for me most guns retain theyre novelty. why isnt it a novelty when the peeps at the range are drooling on your shoes?

Guest ab28

Probably has the stopping power of a BB gun, but shot placement is what matters. With that said, if I had to use one in a firefight, I wouldn't be going for anything other than headshots.

Guest beefcakeb0

they do have jhp's... i wouldnt enjoy 300ft lbs to the chest i dont know about you.....however. i can imagine bubba taking it like it was nothing....