Happy Independence Day!

While this might seem early, for me today is Canada Day. It was on this day in 1867 that we gained our independence from Britain (sort of). We saw how you were able to gain your freedom and wanted that for ourselves. Of course in typical Canadian fashion, we waited for almost 100 years to make sure it would stick :koolaid:

So tonight I'll be enjoying a plate of fried clams, poutine and a cold Moosehead.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What's this all aboot, eh ?

:screwy:

Happy Canada Day, Mike.........I'm familiar with Moosehead, but what is this poutine of which you speak ?

Poutine is a Quebec dish that is french fries covered with shredded mozzarella cheese (or cheese curds if you can find them) and then smothered in a brown beef gravy so the cheese melts. Mmmmmm...can feel my arteries hardening already :koolaid: It's really good.

Poutine is a Quebec dish that is french fries covered with shredded mozzarella cheese (or cheese curds if you can find them) and then smothered in a brown beef gravy so the cheese melts. Mmmmmm...can feel my arteries hardening already :screwy: It's really good.

Whew, :koolaid:, I thought maybe you were refering to what some in the hood would call the female......., well maybe I better digress. Either way, Poutine sounds pretty damn good.

Happy Independence Day!

Whew, :koolaid:, I thought maybe you were refering to what some in the hood would call the female......., well maybe I better digress. Either way, Poutine sounds pretty damn good.

Happy Independence Day!

You should see some of the looks I get when I tell people about poutine :P It is rather close in name to that other word...and both are enjoyable :screwy:

So tonight I'll be enjoying a plate of fried clams, poutine and a cold Moosehead.

If you were closer, I'd be inviting myself to dinner. I love all three! I just had fried clams last weekend. Pretty hard to find in these parts. And poutine, I've never found it south of the border but it was always a must when traveling north. I used to travel to Canada quite often on business but haven't been in several years. Good people, good food, good beer, too darn cold, too much French. Happy Canada Day and Happy Independance Day. You gotta love any holiday that involves explosions!

If you were closer, I'd be inviting myself to dinner. I love all three! I just had fried clams last weekend. Pretty hard to find in these parts. And poutine, I've never found it south of the border but it was always a must when traveling north. I used to travel to Canada quite often on business but haven't been in several years. Good people, good food, good beer, too darn cold, too much French. Happy Canada Day and Happy Independance Day. You gotta love any holiday that involves explosions!

The fried clams are hard to find, I'm going to have to settle for the clam strips, which aren't nearly as good as whole clams, but they will have to do. Where were you able to find fried clams? When I go back to Canada, there is a little hole in the wall diner on the coast that serves the best fried clams I've ever had, and you get a HUGE plate of them. Now my mouth is watering just thinking of them...

The fried clams are hard to find, I'm going to have to settle for the clam strips, which aren't nearly as good as whole clams, but they will have to do. Where were you able to find fried clams? When I go back to Canada, there is a little hole in the wall diner on the coast that serves the best fried clams I've ever had, and you get a HUGE plate of them. Now my mouth is watering just thinking of them...

I'm a do it yourself kind of guy. Steamed are good too. I'll do fried oysters the same way. Now I'm thinking of some homemade poutine. Haven't done that in years. I'm quite at home in the kitchen. I still travel some for business and have to eat out when on the road but when at home, it's home cooking for sure.

I'm a do it yourself kind of guy. Steamed are good too. I'll do fried oysters the same way. Now I'm thinking of some homemade poutine. Haven't done that in years. I'm quite at home in the kitchen. I still travel some for business and have to eat out when on the road but when at home, it's home cooking for sure.

Steamed are good, with a little melted butter to dip them in. We used to go clamming on the beach when i was younger and them steam them up when we got back to the cottage. Nothing like fresh clams. Did you fry up whole clams? If you did, where did you find them?

Steamed are good, with a little melted butter to dip them in. We used to go clamming on the beach when i was younger and them steam them up when we got back to the cottage. Nothing like fresh clams. Did you fry up whole clams? If you did, where did you find them?

Brought them back from South Carolina. I'm going to Louisiana in a couple of weeks. It'll be a regular seafood fest. Nothing like fresh off the boat.

Brought them back from South Carolina. I'm going to Louisiana in a couple of weeks. It'll be a regular seafood fest. Nothing like fresh off the boat.

I'm jealous.:koolaid: There really is nothing like fresh seafood right off the boat. That's one of the things I miss.