Any Palm Pre Owners?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clsutton21
So, no one is using the new Pre?

I don't think it will hurt this thread any...but I have a Blackberry Storm and I love it so far.

I don't think it will hurt this thread any...but I have a Blackberry Storm and I love it so far.

I looked at the Blackberry Storm 2, and I liked it alot. I'm currently very happy with the price and service of Sprint, but they are lacking some of the best phones on the market, IMHO.

I really like the Palm Pre, but the lack of a video camera is a real bummer. I need to figure out how important that feature really is for me.

I hadn't called Verizon, but going with AT&T would increase my bill by rought $40-$50/month. I currently pay $111.XX after taxes with Sprints Unlimited Everything plan, and I can keep the same plan for the same price if I decided to switch to the Pre. AT&T wants extra for unlimited data, and that's more than I'm interested in spending.

Guest db99wj

Been wanting to upgrade to an Iphone (with ATT currently, have Palm Treo) but thinking about the Palm and switching. Only thing is that I will have to upgrade my wifes as well. I am online chatting with ATT and will consider Sprint family. See what works out the best. Scared to go with the Palm right now, especially since it is the first generation model.

Guest clsutton21
Get a Iphone & be done with it. Everyone else is trying to copy the iPhone anyway.

I'll be waiting for Verizon to get the iPhone to worry about it, ATT just doesn't cut it as a service provider with me. Plus, I like the professional feel of a Blackberry versus the trendy teeny-bopper feel of the iPhone.

Guest db99wj
I'll be waiting for Verizon to get the iPhone to worry about it, ATT just doesn't cut it as a service provider with me. Plus, I like the professional feel of a Blackberry versus the trendy teeny-bopper feel of the iPhone.

Funny you say that, I would guess that 80% of the professionals I know as friends, and work with, and in my industry (real estate/banking) has the Iphone. The diehards are still using the Blackberry's but when they get new ones, they all are moving to the Iphone.

Guest clsutton21
Funny you say that, I would guess that 80% of the professionals I know as friends, and work with, and in my industry (real estate/banking) has the Iphone. The diehards are still using the Blackberry's but when they get new ones, they all are moving to the Iphone.

I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. I even said I would get one when Verizon got them in 1-2yrs.

Guest db99wj
I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. I even said I would get one when Verizon got them in 1-2yrs.

Umm, not even a single feather ruffled, we are discussing, you made a statement, I disagree, I made a statement based on my observations.:popcorn:

Srsly, no offense taken, no offense intended.:)

Guest db99wj

Looking and comparing.

The family plans are what I am looking at. The phones are the same price.

The plans are roughly the same amount,

ATT will be about $140 (2 lines, 550 minutes, unlimited data, unlimited mobile to mobile, long distance, texting 200 each, free long distance, roll over) We don't use all the cell minutes currently. We also pay $26 to vonage for home phone.

Sprint will be about ($129+tax) so $140 (2 lines, 1500 shared minutes, long distance, unlimited data, unlimited text, long distance, free calls after 7pm)

Sprint is more than I need, Att is a little more than I need, but the fact is that I do get more for my money with Sprint. But I have to use the Palm over the Iphone.

Hmm, wait a few weeks or months.

Guest db99wj

Wife reminded me, we are on contract for her. Looks like ATT is winning...she also is skeptical about getting rid of the house phone, we have a 10 yr old girl that is starting to get chatty!