Best Pizza in Tennessee

Guest mustangdave

Another good place...kinda TRENDY...Vandy crowd....Mello Mushroom...Suntzu...dude? Totino's pizza...LMAO...you don't get out much huh, or is it a "TARGET" pie for the range

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tadams
Another good place...kinda TRENDY...Vandy crowd....Mello Mushroom...Suntzu...dude? Totino's pizza...LMAO...you don't get out much huh, or is it a "TARGET" pie for the range

The original Mellow location in NC was/ is supremo stuff. Their crust is of the more chewy variety and is simply great. For me, the franchises lack consistency from one pie to the next. I ain't smacking it, at all. If you like it, you like it. I've had some great pizzas from that very location... and I've had some not so wonderful... still good... just off. (sauce not blended right, crust flat from humidity) Vandy may be the best Mellow franchise location anywhere, though.

Obviously, this is a topic close to my heart.. er, I mean stomach. I need to stop posting in this thread and move on. :poop:

Guest SUNTZU

PULL!

Mellow Mushroom is no longer visited by me once I heard that the store received a score somewhere in the 50's during a Don Dare report. But what do you expect from patchoulli marinated, dread locked, unbathed dirty hippies. I'd rather lick the handle of a parking meter.

I liked Stefano's when they were in West Knoxville. I don't go to the strip that much. Totino's is good for that late night hunger or for guests during football, other than that, refer to the first word in this post.

Guest db99wj

I do like me som Tortino pizza rolls....

There is a Mello Mushroom in Foly, AL, we ate at CiCi's instead. Their pizza sucked, but i ate a lot of it.

Guest HexHead

The problem with youse guys talkin' about pizza, is unless you lived in NYC, you don't know what it's s'posed to taste like. :poop::D:D

Guest SUNTZU

You don't have to live there, you can visit. :poop: I paid a $1.25 for a slice of pepporoni pizza that was the size of a medium pizza from Pizza Hut, and about half as thick as the box. Hooboy that was good stuff!

Guest db99wj

I had giordano's pizza last year when I was in Chicago, I got a small pie, could not finish the cheesy goodness. I have never seen anything like that here.

Guest tadams
The problem with youse guys talkin' about pizza, is unless you lived in NYC, you don't know what it's s'posed to taste like. :poop::D:D

LOL - My stomach would beg to differ. :D

Although... you do have a point. NY, Chicago, and Kommifornia. Seriously, I'm not making this up... there is some EXCELLENT pies in the land of fruits and nuts. (some of them include fruits and nuts)

Did you guys know that Pizza Hut distributes different quality ingredients throughout the country? The closer you get to Chicago or New York, the more expensive the ingredients, most especially the sauce and cheese. It can be completely different stuff from one state to the next. They have to do that to remain competitive in those markets.

There I go replying to this thread again. I gotta stop this and go eat something. I'm jonesin' for a good slice of Pizza pie.

LOL - My stomach would beg to differ. :poop:

Although... you do have a point. NY, Chicago, and Kommifornia. Seriously, I'm not making this up... there is some EXCELLENT pies in the land of fruits and nuts. (some of them include fruits and nuts)

Did you guys know that Pizza Hut distributes different quality ingredients throughout the country? The closer you get to Chicago or New York, the more expensive the ingredients, most especially the sauce and cheese. It can be completely different stuff from one state to the next. They have to do that to remain competitive in those markets.

There I go replying to this thread again. I gotta stop this and go eat something. I'm jonesin' for a good slice of Pizza pie.

ITS PIZZA!!!!

pie has either fruit or chocolate in it! like the all american APPLE PIE

Guest mustangdave

Chicago style pies are awesome too...deep dish and much yumminess...GodFather's and Pizzeria UNO come to mind....both of which I consumed in Cali...back in the day...there is a Godfather's on Nolensville Pike just a block from Pie in the Sky...but its like a tenant in a MAPCO minimart...so beware.

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Elvis is rumored to have like the BBQ pizza at the old Coletta's location.

Some say he is dead now,

Off the top of my head...

Stefano's in Knoxville and,

BBQ pizza from Coletta's in Memphis.

070816Elvis.jpg

Joey's is on Ward Circle off Maryland Way. It's the real deal. Joey's from the same neighborhood in Brooklyn I used to hang out in with friends in the 70s. One bite of his pizza takes me back 35 years.

There's other decent pizza in Nashville, but nothing comes close to the real deal, NYC pizza like Joey's does. NOTHING.

Gotta agree with you on this, Joey's is true NY pizza. Makes me miss my little pizza joint back in Queens that caused me to gain 30 pounds :poop:

Guest HexHead
Gotta agree with you on this, Joey's is true NY pizza. Makes me miss my little pizza joint back in Queens that caused me to gain 30 pounds :poop:

Joey D's in Jackson Heights? hehehe

Guest mustangdave
Elvis is rumored to have like the BBQ pizza at the old Coletta's location.

Some say he is dead now,

070816Elvis.jpg

This is just so WRONG in SO MANY ways....I thought that Elvis had left the building

Guest bkelm18

I haven't found any good pizza in this neck of the woods, but I ordered that new Pacific Veggie pizza from Dominos the other night and I gotta say, it was pretty damn tasty.

LOL - There I go replying to this thread again. I gotta stop this and go eat something. I'm jonesin' for a good slice of Pizza pie.

So are we meeting at Gondola for lunch?

I remember Stefano's in Knoxville from college days back in the mid-80s. I honestly can't remember which pizza I preferred up there... probably Gatti's.

Up in Madison, WI there's a grocery store with a frozen pizza section that is at least 25 freezer doors... it's huge! When people visited us, we occasionally would take them down that aisle. They would always shake their heads in amazement.

I really miss Papa Murphy's pizza .. they make it, you take it home and bake it.

Edited by cybernorris
Guest BillOfRightsFan

Not far from The Rabbi's shop (Inglewood/Nashville) is a place called Castrillos that is very good.

Joey's in Brentwood is amazing.

I believe good pizza is what you learn to like. I've been eating pizza PIE since it was made popular here in the States right after WW11. About as good as I've found is at Tellico Grains in Tellico Plains. This is a mom and pop operation that specialize in baked goods and on Saturday afternoon untill 16:00 hours they make pizza baked in a wood fired stone oven. Darn good pizza. Go have Stewart build ya one.

oldogy