Best Pizza in Tennessee

I had giordano's pizza last year when I was in Chicago, I got a small pie, could not finish the cheesy goodness. I have never seen anything like that here.

Giordano's is amazing I have ate there in chi-town about 3 or 4 times I make it a point to eat there anytime im in Chicago.

Around here a new place that is amazing (if your a Big Ed's Fan) is Del's Pizza its in the plaza with the new food city in Sevierville behind the BB&T. Super nice people that moved here from NY run it. We usually get their pizza for lunch every Saturday.

My list for East Tennessee would be:

1. Big Ed's

2. Del's

3. Gondolier

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LieutenantDan67

Skimo's is a little restaurant in Cordova, on Houston Levee Rd across the street from Starbucks and Sonic. Their pepperoni pizza is amazing, best I've had since I lived in Seattle.

I believe good pizza is what you learn to like. I've been eating pizza PIE since it was made popular here in the States right after WW11. About as good as I've found is at Tellico Grains in Tellico Plains. This is a mom and pop operation that specialize in baked goods and on Saturday afternoon untill 16:00 hours they make pizza baked in a wood fired stone oven. Darn good pizza. Go have Stewart build ya one.

oldogy

That sounds good!

Guest mustangdave

[quote name=cybernorris;318742

I really miss Papa Murphy's pizza .. they make it' date=' you take it home and bake it.[/quote]

There is a Papa Murphy's on Murfreesboro Rd...Nashboro Village / Antioch area

Guest colombianito1021

Thank you for starting this thread! Pizza is my favorite meal. There is nothing better then a plain pie in the middle of the afternoon. I am from ny. Anybody heard of SINGAS? or dannys in leferts blvd. Anyways, you guys are mentioning a "joeys". Where is this place located at? I will drive hours to buy a pie. :D

I'll add my vote for Greg's Pizza in Johnson City too. Best pizza I've ever had anywhere I've been in the country. Italian Village/Raffaele's is pretty good too. But as someone else said, their sauce is their weak point.

I was just reading reviews on it and it sounds like a place I need to visit. Thanks billkill! Is it in the same shopping center as where the Walmart USED to be?

Yep, if you are facing the shopping center it is on the far left.

Guest mustangdave
when i lived behind the Zion Curtain (Utah)

Haven't heard that term before....:poop:...oops minor thread drift

Edited by mustangdave
I'll add my vote for Greg's Pizza in Johnson City too. Best pizza I've ever had anywhere I've been in the country. Italian Village/Raffaele's is pretty good too. But as someone else said, their sauce is their weak point.

Yep Gregs is the best...The one in Elizabethton is better than Johnson City.....:tough::no1:

My house.

Fresh ground wheat for the crust, homemade sauce, fresh herbs. If I had room for a cow the cheese would be fresh squeezed too.

Yeah, I think the availability of better ingredients is probably the biggest reason for the n.y./chi./ philly cheese steak myth.

Guest Bluemax

Has anybody ever had I LOVE NY pizza located on Chapman Hwy.?

SUNTZU

If your already that far south, drive on up to Seymour and try 2J's in the old Pixie Drive in. They have the best crust anywhere, not to mention their generosity on toppings.