RIBS?????

Guest db99wj
Maybe this direct link is better... they've changed their site, again.

Southern Foodways Alliance, Tennessee

Included from that page is an interview done for the project. Larry and Lisa Profitt are entrepreneurs but the established recipes were first created by Larry's mother. I realize this isn't about the ribs... but if you like barbeque and you've never been to the Ridgewood for a sandwich... well, it's damn near blasphemy.

Frankly, you should start at the Ridgewood and work your way west, ending at Memphis. That is, after all, the natural progression of the historical nature of barbeque and the regional adaptations encountered along the way. Barbeque roots run deep and, for many, are as easily differentiated as salt water is to fresh water.

Their write up mentions Bozo's in Mason, TN. Been there as a kid, good stuff right there, I tell you what! However, a place in Covington had the best, Craig's BBQ. That was the stuff!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tadams
What he said!

Also some good stuff here...

100 Southern Foods

I've been getting the garden and gun magazine for free... new magazine roll-out gimmick. I really like it. Good stuff. They recently did another article, too. I'll see if I can find it.

I've been getting the garden and gun magazine for free... new magazine roll-out gimmick. I really like it. Good stuff. They recently did another article, too. I'll see if I can find it.

Yea, they had a NC BBQ highway tour in this month's issue...good stuff!

For ribs here in Knoxville, my favorite is Ruby Tuesday. They are wet and the best in town. Calhouns is just ok in my book. I like Chili's better than theirs. For Brisket, it's Famous Dave's with the Devil Spit, BABY!!! :hat:

Guest HexHead

Btw, I don't know about their ribs, but I was watching the AL BBQ cook off on the Food Network the other night. Paradise Ridge on Annex Ave off Charlotte in West Nashville, directly across from Costco, won 1st Place in the Brisket category.

I think I''m going there for lunch tomorrow now. :hat:

Btw, I don't know about their ribs, but I was watching the AL BBQ cook off on the Food Network the other night. Paradise Ridge on Annex Ave off Charlotte in West Nashville, directly across from Costco, won 1st Place in the Brisket category.

I think I''m going there for lunch tomorrow now. :up:

Oh yeah? I've never had their brisket, but I'm a big fan of their wings!

Guest Traumaslave

The best ribs that I have had anywhere come from Bread of Heaven. It's a little place just south of Knoxville in Alcoa. 55 gal drums split and tacked on to grocery cart frames to smoke all day long. Don't expect anything but good food. Buffet for lunch doesn't have ribs but the pulled pork is great too.

Now the best pork I have had come from Bradley's in Sweetwater. Their ribs aren't bad either.

Guest HexHead
Oh yeah? I've never had their brisket, but I'm a big fan of their wings!

Well, scratch Paradise Ridge. Tried to go for lunch today and they posted it.

"No Guns Allowed, legal or not."

Well, scratch Paradise Ridge. Tried to go for lunch today and they posted it.

"No Guns Allowed, legal or not."

Ah crap! Looks like I'll be enjoying someone else's wings from now on.

Thanks for the heads up!

There was a post somewhere on here yesterday that it was reported by a Knoxville paper that the Calhouns there weren't posted. Something about seeing what the competition was going to do first. LOLOLOL

I don't know if the White Bridge Rd one here is posted or not.

Sounds like Mike is a true sheep.

Guest HexHead
There was a post somewhere on here yesterday that it was reported by a Knoxville paper that the Calhouns there weren't posted. Something about seeing what the competition was going to do first. LOLOLOL

I don't know if the White Bridge Rd one here is posted or not.

Drove past there today, still not posted. :)

Guest HexHead
Sounds like Mike is a true sheep.

Well, actions are stronger than words. He was all piss & vinegar until he realized it was going to cost him money. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest SureShot308

Sticky Fingers is good, but Maurice's is way better. Nothing beats the Big Pig. I may have to make a trip back to Charleston now just so I can get some of that.