RIBS?????

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure what dry rub ribs are, but how about your own backyard?

World class ribs are more of a work of art and really can't be done on a whim in the back yard. Unless you can invest a ton of hours and know what you are doing they will most assuredly not turn out well. Dry rub in particular.

Guest mustangdave

Only place I know for sure you can get DRY RUB ribs in this area...and CARRY is Bar B Cutie...as to them being WORLD CLASS...might be another story. Sorry if I just made some of you BBQ experts ill

Guest mustangdave

you might also check out The Perfect Pig in White Bluff just up highway 70 from you in Kingston Springs...their wet ribs are killer...and I "THINK" they also have dry rub as well.

Guest HexHead
closest place is Memphis. sorry, just had to say that.

Not really, Neely's in Metro Center has the best BBQ (and dry ribs) in town.

Yes, that Neely's. Tony is the older brother of Pat (& Gina) of the Memphis Neely's and is often on their Food Network Show. Whenever they're making ribs on the show, Tony's usually the one manning the grill.

I like the beef ribs. Order the sauce on the side and they come with the dry rub. Looks like that intro from the Flintstone's when Fred gets the plate of ribs when they come to the table. :D

The even have the BBQ spaghetti. :drama:

Guest db99wj

I love me some dry ribs.

I know I know, but hear me out. I had ribs Sunday, here in Memphis and this place is known for them. Usually they are marginal but hit the spot. This Sunday instead of drive through, we went in. The ribs were great, they were cooked perfectly, after a little tug, the hole "strap" of rib meat came off the bone, very tender, a little juicy, and seasoned well. The ribs were also very meaty.

This place is Corky's, I know I know, but they were good and the best I have ever had from them.

With that said, there is the Corky's in Brentwood. Been there a few times but only had the sandwich. Not bad from what I can remember.

Ideally, if I wasn't worried about my waist line, I would get a set up for two, half dry, half wet....man that's a good dinner right there!

Not really, Neely's in Metro Center has the best BBQ (and dry ribs) in town.

Yes, that Neely's. Tony is the older brother of Pat (& Gina) of the Memphis Neely's and is often on their Food Network Show. Whenever they're making ribs on the show, Tony's usually the one manning the grill.

I like the beef ribs. Order the sauce on the side and they come with the dry rub. Looks like that intro from the Flintstone's when Fred gets the plate of ribs when they come to the table. :drama:

The even have the BBQ spaghetti. ;)

Now were talking. :D

Guest clownsdd

BQ is a matter of taste, I do prefer to do my own, however, IMHO, when dining out

Dry Ribs...Rendezvous

Wet Ribs...Corkies

Pulled or chopped..Neelys (also has good bq'd spaghetti as a side)

Chicken (something for all) Cozy Corner, and yes better have your gun in the area and go only at lunchtime or afternoon.

If you have a neelys or corkies one of those should do.

Guest JHatmaker

I thought Nikki said Bar-B-Cutie WAS going to post, and were kinda rude to her. She has a post on here somewhere about it.

Anyway, as far as ribs I like Corky's. I know a lot of peeps don't like them for various reasons, but their ribs are actually pretty good, and good quality meat. I used to live in Germantown and we'd always go to one there. The other place I can vouch for is Shane's Rib Shack. I know those two places are chains but when it comes to ribs I usually do homemade, so I don't know all the hole-in-the wall places. If we were in Alabama, I could give you some good recommendations.

Other places to consider (but haven't eaten there) are: Jim and Nick's, Jack's BBQ downtown (their BBQ is ok, but haven't had their ribs). Cantrells is supposed to be good from what I've heard.

Edited by JHatmaker
Guest mustangdave

Kansas City...you're getting into BEEF territory there....getcha some brisket...and for a chain Famous Dave's is pretty darn good too...Devil's Spit RULES

Dry RUB? I thnk they have them altho I can't tell you about the quality. However, their wet ribs are excelent!

Famous Daves

Barbie Chicken

Pulled Pork

All good. I don't think I have had a bad meal there....

Consistant quality, great service, just an overall nice place to go PIG out!

Edited by lowbud