Weekend Chock Full of Shooting

We had a great time last weekend. A friend flew down from Chicago, and we spent a half day at the indoor range, and then a full day at an ourdoor range. I didn't get many pictures, and the ones I did are iPhone-qualty, but here they are.

Here's what we planned to use in turning money into noise (we didn't use but a small portion of it):

ammo.jpg

We were the only ones there all day. We set up a spotting scope and then shot off two different benches.

truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

benchsit.jpg

benchaim.jpg

We put some clays on the ground at 40 yards, a self-resetting plinking target at 30 yards, and a paper target at 70 yards, and another paper target and clays and 100 yards. In this shot, the 100 yard stuff is in the shadows and out of sight. This is my friend walking back after setting more clays.

field.jpg

We did some handgun stuff at the outdoor range, but mainly rifles:

Steyr Mannlicher Scout .308 w/ Leupold FX-II 2.5x28 IER Scout Scope

Cooper 57M LVT .17 HMR w/ Leupold VX3L 3.5-10x56

Savage 12 Long-Range Precision Varmint Dual .204 Ruger w/ Leupold VX3L 6.5-20x56

FN PS90 tri-rail w/ EOTech 5.11 and Surefire Scout

Of these, the PS-90 is by far the most fun. And the one we could shoot the most accurately (taking out clays at 100 yards in the first shot) was the Steyr, oddly enough. It's the lightest and has the cheapest scope. Go figure.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

Love the PS90, got one myself. There was a gentleman from ARFCOM at Joe's AR focus group this weekend that had SBR'd his PS, looked great. I'd love to do that to mine. Shot you a PM about the EoTech you have mounted on there. Thanks!