THP Safety Initiative

Guest 3pugguy
With the THP setting up checkpoints throughout the state to check compliance with the law (seat belts, DLs, etc), do we need to hand them both our DL and HCP if we're stopped at one of these checkpoints?

Don't know why. And these roadbloack are cursory "nanny state" checks (OK kids, let's all buckle up now, Uncle Phil is concerned about you).

BTW, I agree with the use of seatbelts, but I have worn mine for years and years, way before any laws and am not a fan of more laws; let's get the LEOs out doing other things than roadblocks. My view of using a seatbelt and driving safe came from seeing the pain my Mom went thru after being thrown from a car during a wreck. I assure you, that left a pretty good impression about personal vehicle safety.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 3pugguy
Don't forget to be reaching for it so you can give it to him.......

Jokes people...just jokes...:D

And hopefully, you can drop you phone on which you were texting as you rolled up and not spill your drink all over yourself or your car during this process :)

Guest Muttling
And hopefully, you can drop you phone on which you were texting as you rolled up and not spill your drink all over yourself or your car during this process :grouchy:

Absolutely!!!! Don't spill the booze

Guest Muttling
Dang skippy...too pricey these days

And the disclaimer: just kiddin' folks!!!!

I'm curious, does an officer take it badly if you slam the drink you were holding below the window line as he's walking up to the car? Is it better to slam as he's tailing you or walling up? Or should you offer to share???

It's all meant in sarcasm folks, don't go Baptist on me.

Guest 3pugguy
I'm curious, does an officer take it badly if you slam the drink you were holding below the window line as he's walking up to the car? Is it better to slam as he's tailing you or walling up? Or should you offer to share???

It's all meant in sarcasm folks, don't go Baptist on me.

LOL...

Guest jth_3s
I have a solution. Let's not seize people and inspect them simply because they're operating a motor vehicle.

Works for me! :dirty:

+1:) I dont tell them because they have no reason or right to search my car and I don't want to be held up by some gung ho LEO running the serial numbers on my piece(happened to my friend). Keep it out of plain sight and you'll never have a problem.

Guest Calaloo

Recently I was stopped at a roadblock. My DL doesn't have my photo on it, I suppose because I renewed it by mail. Maybe because of my age. The officer had never seen a DL without a photo and asked if I had a photo I.D. so I handed him my HCP. He asked if I was carrying. I told him that I was. He wanted to know what the gun was. I told him that I had a Seecamp in my pocket and also had a Glock under the seat. He said he had never seen a Seecamp and asked if I would show it to him. He liked the little mouse gun but said he would rather rely on the Glock. We chatted about firearms for a bit untill a car pulled up behind me. All in all a plesant experiance but it probably depends on the cop.

Went thru a THP checkpoint last night. Hwy 290 just E of the J-Co line. We are having a new home built and every night we go to check the progress, so I just slap on the Blackhawk Serpa and OC my XD:tough:. Pulled right up to the checkpoint, hand my DL to the trooper he looks at me, my license, and says "Be careful and have a good day".

No felony stop to report.

No Glock to the temple like the DragRacing 18yo got recently from "Trooper Tantrum" (thankfully:D)