Anyone ever use

Guest Rem_700

Guest Rem_700

Anyone ever use the form that TGO provides for private party transactions when tradeing or selling firearms? Im going to be tradeing my AR15 and 1000rnds of ammo for a toyota 4x4 and was wanting to get some sort of documentation.But that form looks kinda lengthy.Im kinda afraid it will offend the guy,but hey,I guess if you have nothing to hide then you shouldn't have a reason not to fill it out.Whats your guys thoughts on this?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eyebedam

:drama: This is always an enjoyable topic...

I have used it twice. Only because the person I sold to was really new to the board & I didnt feel I knew them very well & she was a 1st time gun buyer & it made her feel better.

The other time it was to a guy that was on quite abit for awhile but the gun I sold him I had just bought & had maybe 2 weeks but I had needed to sell to payoff an unexpected bill & it was just a cya tye of thing.

That being said all I put on the form is my name & address thats it no license or SS numbers.

The form protects both parties involved, so I don't see why anyone should be offended. The truth is, most people on here don't really "know" each other. There are exceptions, of course, but there's nothing wrong with protecting yourself.

Guest SUNTZU

I ask for a TN ID or HCP, so there's no ATF. You need to CYA or you might wind up at the IPD's IPC and then lose your HCP. BTW, IMO, the TGO PPT form is something I won't use, FWIW, some people like it, but I probably won't ever use it. YMMV. :drama:

Edited by SUNTZU
Guest Rem_700
I ask for a TN ID or HCP, so there's no ATF. You need to CYA or you might wind up at the IPD's IPC and then lose your HCP. BTW, IMO, the TGO PPT form is something I won't use, FWIW, some people like it, but I probably won't ever use it. YMMV. :drama:
I talked to the guy and he said that he was fine with filling it out and that he was glad that I thought of it.What do you mean "so theres no ATF" ?And what do you mean" you need to CYA or you might wind up at the IPD's IPC and lose your HCP"? Not sure what IPD and IPC mean?
Guest Rem_700
Methinks you are missing the whoosh of the acronymic satire.

- OS

I could of told you that! LOL...Do you know what that stuff means? I know what CYA,ATF, and HCP means..Just not the others.

Guest abailey362

the atf comment was probably referring to undercover atf agent posing as a private buyer to see if the seller asks about the buyer's lefal abilities to own a firearm.

Guest NeuralFizz
I don't use it and if you showed up with it without telling me first I'd be PO'ed. If you tell me up front I'll say no deal.

Are you serious? Seems to me that it's only there to protect both parties. No sarcasm here, but what do you have against it?

Guest SUNTZU
I talked to the guy and he said that he was fine with filling it out and that he was glad that I thought of it.What do you mean "so theres no ATF" ?And what do you mean" you need to CYA or you might wind up at the IPD's IPC and lose your HCP"? Not sure what IPD and IPC mean?
Methinks you are missing the whoosh of the acronymic satire.

- OS

Well I didn't and now have a headache.
Suntzu has that power.
the atf comment was probably referring to undercover atf agent posing as a private buyer to see if the seller asks about the buyer's lefal abilities to own a firearm.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

abailey is right on with the sexy undercover ATF situation.

IPD is inmate processing division

IPC is inmate processing center

CYA is cover your ass

So basically, I ask for a Tennessee identification or handgun carry permit, so there's no alcohol tobacco firearms "agents". You need to cover your ass or you might wind up at the inmate processing division's inmate processing center and then lose your handgun carry permit. By the way, in my opinion, the Tennessee Gun Owners private party transfer form is something I won't use, For what its worth, some people like it, but I probably won't ever use it. Your mileage may vary. :rolleyes:

Its not quite the same headache you would get deciphering the healthcare bill. ;)

Are you serious? Seems to me that it's only there to protect both parties. No sarcasm here, but what do you have against it?

Well for one it does nothing to protect you. Only gives the ATF or whoever is tracing more bread crumbs. It also possibly puts you in hot water becasue it DOES link you to a possible scenario that is hard to dismiss. Not to wear the Tin Foil but if the ATF wants you they can get you. Kinda like the IRS. If there is no form you just deny it, or "I don't recall" and they've got no where to go and no physical link.

The second and most practical, is that I feel 2A is already infringed enough. Bowing to a non-exsistant threat from the ATF/Police/Government so that you can comply with a law you didn't break on a freedom they have no buisness bugging you with is principly wrong.;)

BTW - I don't take it personal or feel mad about the "form" I just think it's stupid in principle.:)

• Administrator
Well for one it does nothing to protect you. Only gives the ATF or whoever is tracing more bread crumbs. It also possibly puts you in hot water becasue it DOES link you to a possible scenario that is hard to dismiss. Not to wear the Tin Foil but if the ATF wants you they can get you. Kinda like the IRS. If there is no form you just deny it, or "I don't recall" and they've got no where to go and no physical link.

The second and most practical, is that I feel 2A is already infringed enough. Bowing to a non-exsistant threat from the ATF/Police/Government so that you can comply with a law you didn't break on a freedom they have no buisness bugging you with is principly wrong.;)

BTW - I don't take it personal or feel mad about the "form" I just think it's stupid in principle.:)

I think your argument against it is stupid in principle too, but that's your prerogative and you've made your stance on the form abundantly clear numerous times in the past. ;)

I think your argument against it is stupid in principle too, but that's your prerogative and you've made your stance on the form abundantly clear numerous times in the past. :)

He asked.:) I see the vacation did you well.;) You don't have call me out on something just cause I responded. I will continue to post my objections when new guys ask just like you guys will post the reason you insist on using it. I though that was the point of a forum. Not a big deal.;)

Seriously what fun would it be if new folks didn't start threads about the "Form", Glocks vs. XD, or 9mm vs. 45. (9 is king BTW).;)

+1