Anti Gunner Phone Call

My Wife and Sister-in-law, Mary, have a restaurant, Sernicola's in Cowan TN.

This week my Sister-in-law answered the phone the following conversation happened:

Mary: Hello Sernicola's

Caller: If I have a carry permit can I carry a gun into your restaurant?

Mary: I am not sure of the currrent law let me ask the cop in our dinning room.

Caller: No, no, the current law says its your choice if you let someone carry into your restaurant.

Mary: Well, in that case yes, we would allow people with permits to carry in our restaurant.

Caller: I think you are a making a big mistake! You will be losing my business!

Mary: We appreciate losing your business, thank you. (CLICK)

I was very proud of her for her final comment and hanging up on the moron. And I have started open carrying in our restaurant so our customer will know we respect their gun rights.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still pretty good friends w/ the owner of a restaurant I used to work at (Dalt's Grill, White Bridge Rd in Nashville) and he said he has been receiving a lot of calls like that lately. He has no plans to post, and furthermore he doesn't seem to believe these calls are actually coming from long-time patrons, but believes it's an organized calling orchestrated by the anti's. :P

Fury2neon. Thank you for posting this. I live in Franklin County and work in Cowan. I will make sure to patronize the restaurant and make up for the "loss" of business of this one anti. I will also make sure to pass this information on to my friends from work with HCP's as well.

Guest Muttling
I'm still pretty good friends w/ the owner of a restaurant I used to work at (Dalt's Grill, White Bridge Rd in Nashville) and he said he has been receiving a lot of calls like that lately. He has no plans to post, and furthermore he doesn't seem to believe these calls are actually coming from long-time patrons, but believes it's an organized calling orchestrated by the anti's. :P

It certainly sounds like it.

We think so to. We hope they publish us as not friendly to their point of view. It should increase our business with decent people.

Well done, if I'm ever in the area, I know where I'll be dining.

I was very proud of her for her final comment and hanging up on the moron. And I have started open carrying in our restaurant so our customer will know we respect their gun rights.

Considering the above and your OCing..maybe you do want to post a sign after all...see below.

GunsOK.jpg

GunsWelcome.jpg

Right_to_self-defense.jpg

Guest Muttling

I don't know that I would want that if I owned a restraunt (you're too likely to get someone to whip it out of the holster).

I think "Show your permit and get free sweet tea" would be a great idea.

Guest canynracer
I don't know that I would want that if I owned a restraunt (you're too likely to get someone to whip it out of the holster).

I think "Show your permit and get free sweet tea" would be a great idea.

Umm... HCP = Handgun Carry PERMIT

not gun...LOL

Guest 3pugguy
My Wife and Sister-in-law, Mary, have a restaurant, Sernicola's in Cowan TN.

This week my Sister-in-law answered the phone the following conversation happened:

Mary: Hello Sernicola's

Caller: If I have a carry permit can I carry a gun into your restaurant?

Mary: I am not sure of the currrent law let me ask the cop in our dinning room.

Caller: No, no, the current law says its your choice if you let someone carry into your restaurant.

Mary: Well, in that case yes, we would allow people with permits to carry in our restaurant.

Caller: I think you are a making a big mistake! You will be losing my business!

Mary: We appreciate losing your business, thank you. (CLICK)

Good for Mary and your family's business! Reckon I know a good place to eat in Cowen.