SIG 223 w/ ACOG - 4X

Guest JPH

Bought a new SIG 556 and put an ACOG – 4X scope on it and off to the range I go

Sweet rifle – shot a two to two and half inch group out at 300 yard – very nice – and if you think that was luck I did it twice – I will admit I have older eyes and did have to adjust to the “peg” reticle for the 300 yard mark – but once I got use to it and concentrated I found myself very impressed with the rifle – I did set the rifle on a “rest” but just the front stock (I only cheat when I know I can get away with it)

My question is I saw a rather negative thread on another forum and must say I was quite surprised – do you people have any opinions on this weapon or what have you heard

When money permits I think I may get the 308 version – to me such a better caliber but not knocking the 223…

JPH

showphoto.php?photo=387

showphoto.php?photo=388&size=big

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

One of our members (Crazy Lincoln) has a SIG 556 also. He's spoken highly of it. But, I too have read some negative posts about them elsewhere so apparently there are at least a vocal few out there who aren't totally satisfied with their rifles. Unfortunately we may never hear from the majority who have had no such problems.

Oh well

Typically I hand recently bought weapons to my friend/gun smith for his examination and input – I am never above modifying or working on a weapon to insure it’s reliability and accuracy – perhaps more people think that is not a way to go and feel off the shelf is the test for a weapon

Personally I believe any weapon can be made better and that is what I want

If the photo is already hosted on another server, just click the insertimage.gif button in at the top of the new-message input field, and paste/input it's url.

If you need to upload it from your hard-drive, click on the "Photo Gallery" link at the top, in the menu bar, and then Click the "Upload Photos" link in the upper right on the next page... it will guide you through it. Once uploaded, you can select your photos to insert in your message in the Advanced message input screen (hit "Go Advanced").

Guest CrazyLincoln

I have one and I love it. The people who usually don't like are huge AR fans. Is it an AR? Not in the least. It's kind of AK ver. 2.0. Its heavy, which is why the AR guys don't like it (I do like AR's too). However, it is as reliable as can be. Sig had a few logistical and cosmetic issues, but this is a top notch rifle. I hope you have many happy range trips with this one. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about it.

One suggestion, Invest in a bipod or forward grip. With it being front heavy, this makes it much more manageable. If I get time, I'll put my pics up this week. I'm thinking next step is an eotech with the 3x magnifier . :koolaid::D

EDIT: Oops, you already have a forward grip. I use the rest too :up:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CrazyLincoln

OK. So I had to kill some time waiting on a reformat/reinstall (Tungsten you know what I'm talking about). So I finally took some pics:

sig556-2.JPG

sig556-2.JPG

sig556-stripped.JPG

sig556-battery2.JPG

sig556-battery1.JPG

sig556-gas_valve.JPG

me-n-sig.JPG

• 3 weeks later...