Handguns in our Park

Guest drentschler

Guest drentschler

I live in Hohenwald, TN. Our City Council and County Commission are trying to exercise the option to prevent carriers from carrying in the Park. Any suggestion or good facts that I might use in fighting this?

Thanks,

Dave

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Hohenwald, TN. Our City Council and County Commission are trying to exercise the option to prevent carriers from carrying in the Park. Any suggestion or good facts that I might use in fighting this?

Thanks,

Dave

First suggestion is to post this in appropriate forum, probably Tennessee Politics and Legislation.

This forum is for probs and help with the site itself.

Not many will even see it here.

- OS

Thanks,

Dave

May try a search, lots of posts and a few threads on this.

But here are a couple that may get you started

Approaching Local Government officials about park carry?

Approaching Local Government officials about park carry?

Guest justme

Thanks,

Dave

Virginia Tech--April 2007....32 +shooter dead, 14+ wounded--and all--ALL dead and wounded before the police were able to even mobilize and respond.

Binghamton, NY-- April 2009--13 dead + shooter before the police could react...

Holocaust Museum Washington, D.C June 2009 one guard + shooter dead

Lubys restaurant in Killene, Texas....Oct. 1991 24 dead....

ask them exactly WHO they are trying to protect--the people or the criminals....ask them when--and where gun control ever worked..DC? DC has one of the highest rates of crime in the country, it is a perfect--just PERFECT example of sheer failure. Chicago? Chicago is a picture perfect failure--New York? New york is a real winner too....

Ask them why they are afraid of an armed population?

Ask them who they are afraid of? Are they worrying about law abiding--LAW ABIDING people or the criminals?

Ask them if laws work so wonderfully--why is society plagued by criminals?

Ask them if they really think criminals care what ordinances they pass--and then stress that laws only work for the LAW ABIDING people--criminals do NOT care...

Who are they worrying about---the criminals or the law abiding people? I mean it is simple math--laws only work when people are willing to obey--and criminals clearly refuse to do so.

Politicians are by and large just so ignorant that it simply amazes me. Stress the facts to them--not that it will do any good, because they are terrified of the people. It is the criminal that worries me--I would feel safer among an armed population than among a disarmed one.

gather a petition and present it also of names who support guns in the parks--not that the politicians actually care mind you....

Thanks,

Dave

From what I have seen, it does not matter what the citizens have to say. It all depends on how many 2nd A people you have on your council. We have had a couple of surprises around Chattanooga - not in Chattanooga - but around. So there is hope. I don't think you will be able to sway it. Their minds are already set - for whichever that may be.

The better fight will be in Nashville to get a bill that will strip locals from banning this right. It was such a foolish law and should have never been introduced with the option to ban. Now everyone must educate themselves on every county, city & town.

The better fight will be in Nashville to get a bill that will strip locals from banning this right. It was such a foolish law and should have never been introduced with the option to ban.

Once all the money is spent on signs, the legislature will never overturn it.

Assuming they actually DO put up the signs, and anywhere near compliant ones at that.

- OS

From what I have seen, it does not matter what the citizens have to say. It all depends on how many 2nd A people you have on your council. We have had a couple of surprises around Chattanooga - not in Chattanooga - but around. So there is hope. I don't think you will be able to sway it. Their minds are already set - for whichever that may be.

The better fight will be in Nashville to get a bill that will strip locals from banning this right. It was such a foolish law and should have never been introduced with the option to ban. Now everyone must educate themselves on every county, city & town.

I think you're right about it depends more on 2A council members more than what the citizens say.

Once all the money is spent on signs, the legislature will never overturn it.

Assuming they actually DO put up the signs, and anywhere near compliant ones at that.

- OS

I have thought about that...and I'm afraid you're right. If a city spends hundreds or thousands (depending on the size of the city and number of parks) on signs.....I woud think they would raise all kinds of heck if in less than a year or two they couldn't opt out and have to allow carry and take down the signs.

Edited by Fallguy
From what I have seen, it does not matter what the citizens have to say. It all depends on how many 2nd A people you have on your council.

And from what we've seen from our 2A supporters already in office (Bredesen, Alexander, Jim Cooper, etc.) we can't even trust them.

It is becoming more and more apparent, some City Councils are not concerned about any of the Amendments. They are acting on MTAS write-ups behind closed doors, excluding our right to be heard, or to petition our "Governments" for grievances.

In several towns in TN, the first any one hears of the Parks issue is an announcement in the local paper that the deed is done. Like in Lexington:

Lexingtonpaper.jpg