Ok, so the GM of Ruth's Chris Nashville says Loew's hotel posted the "No Guns" sign

Guest GlockRule

Guest GlockRule

I received a reply to my submitted comments concerning the Ruth's Chris in Nashville posting (apparently properly posted-going by info in the "posted restaurants" thread-I haven't been by there recently). The general manager says:

"To be in compliance with our lease, the Loews’ hotel has posted the handgun restriction. "

So there you are.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a reply to my submitted comments concerning the Ruth's Chris in Nashville posting (apparently properly posted-going by info in the "posted restaurants" thread-I haven't been by there recently). The general manager says:

"To be in compliance with our lease, the Loews’ hotel has posted the handgun restriction. "

So there you are.

Has this been confirmed with the Loew's hotel?

Guest GlockRule
Has this been confirmed with the Loew's hotel?

No. This is a direct quote/copy and paste from the email the General Manager of Ruth's Chris sent me. I'm assuming he's not lying, but I don't really care-they are still posted and I won't be going back to either place. But it does make me wonder if the Loew's hotel doesn't want gun owners to stay in their hotel-I can only assume this if they don't want it on their property (Ruth's Chris).

Edited by GlockRule

Wasn't there an issue with the Loews hotel a few months ago? I don't recall for sure, but I think they cancelled an event because the speaker was going to talk about radical Muslims. Does anyone else remember that? Was that at that hotel, or a different one?

Guest HexHead
Wasn't there an issue with the Loews hotel a few months ago? I don't recall for sure, but I think they cancelled an event because the speaker was going to talk about radical Muslims. Does anyone else remember that? Was that at that hotel, or a different one?

You are remembering correctly.

Guest HexHead

Is it a legal sign? In this case, since the restaurant themselves don't seem to care if you carry, since they aren't the ones that put the sign up, I doubt they'd do squat to enforce it. In this case, I'd consider just concealing well if it's not a correct sign.

They may have no say regarding the hotel hanging the sign.

Guest djegators

Well, even if it is the landlord's sign, and even if Ruth's Chris does not post signs elsewhere, I will choose not to give them my money at any location, unless their corporate leaders come out with a strong statement in favor of gun rights. There simply are too many choices in dining to support companies that won't support me.

Guest HexHead
Well, even if it is the landlord's sign, and even if Ruth's Chris does not post signs elsewhere, I will choose not to give them my money at any location, unless their corporate leaders come out with a strong statement in favor of gun rights. There simply are too many choices in dining to support companies that won't support me.

Eat there often?

Guest redbarron06

Nope you are dead right that is the one. When they did all the investigating on that story they also found out that one of Al Gore's big envirowennie offices are cloaked in the hotel also one one of the floors. No big supprise that they support Al Gore and they oppose guns. They dont want any guns in there at all. I used to fill the ATM there and they actually stopped me one day wanting to know why I was armed :rolleyes:.

Guest 270win

About the only way I can eat at Ruth's Chris is if someone else is paying...like a company. I don't know if the one in Memphis has stuck up legal signs. In the event I go there will be with a group of people and I'm not about to take my gun off of me in front of people to put in someone else's car. I'll just continue concealing well when in Memphis city limits...especially if I have to to this overpriced restaurant. I have friends that have a BBQ pit that can cook a steak better than Ruth's Chris.

Nope you are dead right that is the one. When they did all the investigating on that story they also found out that one of Al Gore's big envirowennie offices are cloaked in the hotel also one one of the floors. No big supprise that they support Al Gore and they oppose guns. They dont want any guns in there at all. I used to fill the ATM there and they actually stopped me one day wanting to know why I was armed :P.

Did you respond with, "Are you brain-damaged?"