like conspiracy theories?

f3joel

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off-Topic This is the place for general chat and topics not covered by any of our other forums.

i didn't make anyone post in here, if you don't like it, don't read it.

i never even said i believe any of it, but if you aren't willing to question everything, find out for yourself by researching something before discrediting it, or actually coming back with a relative comment on why it isn't true than you are a sheeple.

and i for one don't put any of our rights above any others. if your going to defend the 2nd than defend them all.

• Administrator
Off-Topic This is the place for general chat and topics not covered by any of our other forums.

Ok, but let's talk about crop cirlces, alien abductions, anal probes and The DaVinci Code next.

In all seriousness, if you wish to engage in discussions that make you look like an extremist... knock yourself out. If others want to dabble in it with you, so be it. But how about doing us a favor and not pooping in our pool in the process. Start a thread on one of the sundry Black Helicopter message boards and end this thread with a link to that discussion over there.

Fair enough?

Ok, but let's talk about crop cirlces, alien abductions, anal probes and The DaVinci Code next.

In all seriousness, if you wish to engage in discussions that make you look like an extremist... knock yourself out. If others want to dabble in it with you, so be it. But how about doing us a favor and not pooping in our pool in the process. Start a thread on one of the sundry Black Helicopter message boards and end this thread with a link to that discussion over there.

Fair enough?

Link?

**BRENT**

• Administrator
He's got you there Tungsten. He has a RIGHT to post his nonsense on your privately owned board. :taser:

Wonder if he will start a tinfoil hat board where we can post gun stuff?

Hah... well, contrary to what Triggertime says, I try not to run it like a fiefdom so I try to steer clear of the "My Ball, My Game" rule of engagement. But yeah, I suppose that card could be played if I am forced into it. :P

Maybe I should have worded my proposal this way:

Talking about conspiracy theories can be entertaining as long as it's not taken seriously. Once you start taking it seriously, you start to appear as an unstable extremist to the rest of the world. Since we as gun owners and proponents of the 2nd Amendment rights afforded us by our forefathers prefer to keep our best face forward to the rest of the world, it seems to me that it would be in our best interest if we not engage in those sorts of discussions here.

a.) It erodes our credibility with those whom we are working to affect positive change through the lightening of restrictions against our Constitutionally guaranteed, God given rights.

b.) It distracts us from real issues and causes us to waste time jousting against windmills. See, Don Quixote.

c.) It makes us look like morons.

d.) Therefore since there are many other web sites where this sort of thing is fervently discussed and believed in, why not take this thread of conversation to one of those and let us continue focusing on things that we can actually address and do something about.

It's funny... someone else (who will remain unnamed) and I were talking about their apprehension for getting deeply involved in a certain quasi-political activist organization the other day. That person expressed that one of their reasons for being reluctant was because sometimes the most ardent 2A supporters are also serious conspiracy theorist wingnuts and that this person wasn't real keen on being seen in that light by association. They might have been onto something. :stir:

Brent, you just want to make jokes and pick on those guys! :taser:

Heh... maybe, maybe not. The thoughts in my head and the opinions I have are truly all over the place, depending. I enjoy a good conspiracy theory (many I believe should be labled "Conspiracy Hypotheses" as they may not be, by definition, solidly enough based in fact to be a theory.) Who knows... they may be right (or at least on to something)...

Or not.

**BRENT**

There is a reason my computer desk is up against a corner of two brick walls... with only one window (with shut blinds... can't see in, but there are some peep holes I can see out with... no random cable TV trucks are gonna sneak by ME and park 2 doors down!

If it's an ice cream truck though... they got me. I have two kids (and come on... it's ice cream). Hey... what was this thread about again? OT oft times goes tangental...

**BRENT**

**BRENT**

I'm sorry but I'm too old, experienced, cranky and logical to put up with flakes. I enjoyed debating nonsense when I was in my teens and into my early 20s. Now, it just annoys me. :taser:

I thought my brother always handled it well. He would listen to someone spout nonsense for a while, then tactfully tell them, "You know, you are a complete idiot." I hope to become like my brother. :stir: