Sheila Jackson Lee has fake Dr. at town hall meeting

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I fully agree that we need to rework the insurance system to fix the "pre-existing condition" problem. But the plans they are producing are not the way to go about it.

I like the way the guy on the radio put it the other day.

Can you name one thing the goverment does well?

buk

I think that by no means is this the final bill, so it's much to do about nothing. After these town hall meetings, congress will go back to the drawing table to figure it out again. I think the insurance industry is deservedly have the crap regulated out of them.

Guest 3pugguy
You know, I fully agree that we need to rework the insurance system to fix the "pre-existing condition" problem. But the plans they are producing are not the way to go about it.

I like the way the guy on the radio put it the other day.

Can you name one thing the goverment does well?

buk

military

interstate highways

just a couple off the top of my head

And...they are pretty good at providing medicare and medicaid, it seems, and getting SSN and SSI payment out to a LOT of people

Not a big fan of larger government, but some things are done OK by gov't.

military

interstate highways

just a couple off the top of my head

And...they are pretty good at providing medicare and medicaid, it seems, and getting SSN and SSI payment out to a LOT of people

Not a big fan of larger government, but some things are done OK by gov't.

Military? While I give all props to our fighting men and women, the military isn't exactly run as efficiently as it could be.

Interstate? This proves you've never been to Arkansas.

My mother in law is on medicare, it seems to be a constant battle to keep it running smoothly. Every time there is the slightest fluctuation in her income, we start getting paperwork.

I guess I'm just funny wanting my Doctor and I to decide what's best for me, not a bureaucracy who judges my medical feasability.

buk

Guest 3pugguy
Military? While I give all props to our fighting men and women, the military isn't exactly run as efficiently as it could be.

Interstate? This proves you've never been to Arkansas.

My mother in law is on medicare, it seems to be a constant battle to keep it running smoothly. Every time there is the slightest fluctuation in her income, we start getting paperwork.

I guess I'm just funny wanting my Doctor and I to decide what's best for me, not a bureaucracy who judges my medical feasability.

buk

I don't how long you spent or what you did in the military to qualify your statement, but it's run well enough to be fighting wars on two fronts. Being as I was in the Navy, if you were an Army guy, I understand your view (a little light hearted humour).

And I have been to, thru, and around Arkansas ; I also would say I55 thru MS is also nothing to write home about; but have you ever traveled in some the poorer Asian countries or middle east or Africa in your military service or personal travels? I have and to me, our interstate system is pretty good.

Again, don't misunderstand me - I am NOT a fan of bigger government or officials making decision - but some of that happens now with insurance carriers. So if your Doctor truly controls your medical care and decisions, you are really lucky, as most plans have controls and criteria.

Still, all is not lost simply by virtue of it being associated with the government.

What will the final version of the healthcare reform look like? Who knows...lots of rhetoric now about the "bill", but there is not a final, ready for vote, version.

And my late parents went thru hoops with gov't programs, including getting screwed by Tenn Care. My Dad had pre-existing heart issues, so no private carrier would touch him and my Mom had conditions from a serious car wreck and over 3 months of hosptial time years back. My wife is a breast cancer survivor - think we could change insurance or have options?

Anyway, I don't think we are far apart...I just dislike talking heads on the radio (on both sides of the political aisle; all they do is stir the pot and laugh all the way to the bank).

Edited by 3pugguy
Guest Ghostrider

It's been a while since I was in the military, but basically the government just funds them and tells them where to go and what the objectives are. Really, the Army runs the Army, complete with it's flaws and waste.

However, I never had to sleep cheek to jowl with 300 of my best male friends as many sailors do daily (right back at ya! :tough: ) And I never had to call anyone but my wife "mate".

Back on topic, much like the interstates, the fed partially funds them, the disparity is how much the state does to maintain the highways, i.e. how much money is wasted on graft, bribes, etc as opposed to how much road actually gets built and maintained.

I've worked in and around hospitals most of my adult life. Medicare and medicaid are the best warnings I can come up with (other than military clinics) for NOT going to government run healthcare.

ymmv...