HiPoint C9 problem

Capbyrd

I've got a little HiPoint C9 that Ive had for a few years. Never reallyhad a problem out of it. Well I'm planning range trip tomorrow and was going to take it but while inspecting it, I noticed something odd. Something is locking the slide back when the magazine is in the gun. The slide lock is down but the slide won't budge forward unless you drop the mag and first pull back on the slide. Anyone else had this happen on a C9? Should I just send it in under the "no questions asked lifetime warranty" and if so, how do I go about shipping it to them?

Thanks.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest donfromtexas

It's a HiPoint!

I have never heard one good thing about them...

Send it back for the "lifetime warranty".

Make a call and get your shiping info.

I've got a little HiPoint C9 that Ive had for a few years. Never reallyhad a problem out of it. Well I'm planning range trip tomorrow and was going to take it but while inspecting it, I noticed something odd. Something is locking the slide back when the magazine is in the gun. The slide lock is down but the slide won't budge forward unless you drop the mag and first pull back on the slide. Anyone else had this happen on a C9? Should I just send it in under the "no questions asked lifetime warranty" and if so, how do I go about shipping it to them?

Thanks.

That's the way they are supposed to work.

Empty mag locks slide back.

- OS

That's the way they are supposed to work.

Empty mag locks slide back.

- OS

That's not what this is. The slide lock lever is in the down position. Something else is holding it back.

Donfromtexas, thanks but I don't need your opinions about the gun. I haven't had a problem out of it before now and for the price I paid, I can't complain at all. This isn't a thread to bash the gun. I want advice on how to fix it. Thanks anyway though.

That's not what this is. The slide lock lever is in the down position. Something else is holding it back.

Yes, I understand. The empty mag triggers internal slide lock.

The slide won't go forward again until it is dropped or loaded mag is inserted.

I have one. I assure you it is SUPPOSED to work this way.

Call Hi-Point if you don't believe little ole me.

edit: to save embarrassment, you can read the manual where this is stated.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Capbyrd, there is nothing wrong with your gun. It is working exactly how it was designed to. To load it, lock the slide back, load the magazine, put it into the gun, pull back on the slide and let it go. The slide will fall and chamber a round. When you shoot all the bullets out of the magazine the slide will lock back, Repeat this process as many times as desired. Oh yea take a look at that little book that came with the gun when you bought it. :tough:

-Jason G

Thanks guys. I bought this gun second hand and it didn't have a manual. It's difficult navigate the web from my phone so I will download the manual when I get to work. Also, it doesn't matter if it is an empty mag or a loaded mag. I can drop the mag out, load the mag, pull the slide back and lock it with the slide lock lever. Place the mag into the gun and drop the lever. The slide will move forward a fraction of an inch but will not close. It will not close no matter if it is an empty mag or a full mag. I will just call them on Monday and get it sorted with them.

Thanks guys. I bought this gun second hand and it didn't have a manual. It's difficult navigate the web from my phone so I will download the manual when I get to work. Also, it doesn't matter if it is an empty mag or a loaded mag. I can drop the mag out, load the mag, pull the slide back and lock it with the slide lock lever. Place the mag into the gun and drop the lever. The slide will move forward a fraction of an inch but will not close. It will not close no matter if it is an empty mag or a full mag. I will just call them on Monday and get it sorted with them.

Again, read the manual. Link has been posted.

There is no reason to use the safety in between magazines. It will hold the slide open, but it's primary purpose is as a safety once the slide is closed. It will not release the slide - you must still pull back on the slide by hand after removing empty mag or inserting loaded one. The only reason to use this lever to hold the slide open is for cleaning or to break the gun down.

- OS

Before you send it back, try hitting it a couple of times with a 2x4. That might fix it. (seriously!) And if not, you can always send it back. HiPoint customer service is legendary.

There is NOTHING WRONG with the gun.

Pull the slide back with an empty mag.

Slide locks open.

The only thing that will free it is to remove mag or replace with loaded one and pull slide back and release.

Yours works the same.

If it doesn't, then it IS broken.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest beefcakeb0

from how i read it he isnt pulling it back while a loaded mags in... he is only releasing the slide stop which in turn lets the slide get caught on the round ready to be chambered... if in fact you remove mag pull back on slide without safety or slide lever activated and it goes into battery, and then you use a loaded mag and make sure safety is off and slide release is down and pull back the let go it should work. or else call.

and whoever said that they have never heard anything good about hipoint, i guess the warranty isnt a good thing, dont be such a pessimist

He's never said that.
I can drop the mag out, load the mag, pull the slide back and lock it with the slide lock lever. Place the mag into the gun and drop the lever. The slide will move forward a fraction of an inch but will not close.

:)

Guest beefcakeb0

Place the mag into the gun and drop the lever. The slide will move forward a fraction of an inch but will not close.

i belive he is missing the pull back not drop lever

Originally Posted by Capbyrd viewpost.gif

I can drop the mag out, load the mag, pull the slide back and lock it with the slide lock lever. Place the mag into the gun and drop the lever. The slide will move forward a fraction of an inch but will not close.

Dropping the safety "slidelock" will NOT release the slide like on most semi-autos. It's not a true slidestop in that sense.

He is not pulling the slide back after inserting the new mag.

There is NO reason to use the safety/slide lock during reload operation of the Hi-Point.

It is for holding up the slide for cleaning or dis-assembly. Or for use as a safety when the slide is closed.

If a shell won't load because of a jamming issue, then it's almost certainly a mag issue, but he's having the same prob with full or empty mags, so it's almost certainly he isn't pulling back on slide far enough when inserting a mag, loaded or empty one.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot