TGO Motorcycle Ride?

Would you be interested in a TGO Motorcycle Ride?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a TGO Motorcycle Ride?

• Yes, I would like to attend a TGO Ride.
    • No, I would not like to attend a TGO Ride.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be in for an East TN ride. I don't know about the dragon though, too many DAs there that must think there's a prize for getting to the other end before anyone else.

Not to stir any crap up but in my experiences at the Dragon its usually the Harleys doing 10 MPH that still can't make the turn that cause most of the accidents, not the sportbikes. Not a big fan of the Dragon really. I prefer the Cherohala Skyway and Foothills Parkway, very little traffic, no police and its beautiful up there.

Edited by pitt2magic
Not to stir any crap up but in my experiences at the Dragon its usually the Harleys doing 10 MPH that still can't make the turn that cause most of the accidents, not the sportbikes.

I didn't mean to strike a nerve there. I wasn't pointing at anyone. Guess you have just gone on different days than me. I didn't say anything about sportbikes, just dumb a$$es. And they can be found on any kind of bike. And they scrape good number of them off the road there every year. There's a speed limit for a reason. Call me crazy but I tend to observe it. And at the risk of making myself sound really wacky, I tend to observe speed limits regardless of where I am or what I'm driving. Be safe, enjoy the ride.

I appreciate the offer, But i am pretty obsessed with the Rocker C after February I will be getting one so Please let me know when any of you guys would like to ride next year :up:

Well, I want a Fat Bob too, but for now I'm putering around on a 24 year old Yamaha. Get a beater for now and join us!

:P

Guest Traumaslave
Not to stir any crap up but in my experiences at the Dragon its usually the Harleys doing 10 MPH that still can't make the turn that cause most of the accidents, not the sportbikes. Not a big fan of the Dragon really. I prefer the Cherohala Skyway and Foothills Parkway, very little traffic, no police and its beautiful up there.

A BIG +1 to all of this.

Lemme tell ya, there is nothing better than cutting brand spankin new Harley leathers off. I have spent 3 yrs cleaning up the Dragon's leftovers. I think the count is up to 3 this year.

A nice ride is going through Cades Cove and hitting the Dragon via Parson's Branch Rd. It is gravel but, not too bad enough for street bikes. And it cuts the Dragon by about a third. (FYI: it's one way OUT of Cades Cove)

I might be up for an E Tn ride. I still need new sprockets and a chain but, what I have is still safe.

I'd be down as well.. so long as the people riding cheap pieces of Japanese plastic that are all for 'buying American' can keep up. :dirty:

Not naming names or anything...

Guest GimpyLeg

Middle TN has lots of good twisties to offer, though not as intense as the Dragon. Count me in for something in Mid-TN. Around here, all roads lead to Lynchburg....

I'd be down as well.. so long as the people riding cheap pieces of Japanese plastic that are all for 'buying American' can keep up. :(

Good thing I will be so far in front of you that I wont mind the fact that your American made bike is leaking oil all over the road:)

I'd be down as well.. so long as the people riding cheap pieces of Japanese plastic that are all for 'buying American' can keep up. :(

:D

Good thing I will be so far in front of you that I wont mind the fact that your American made bike is leaking oil all over the road:)

:lol:

I'm in, my Harley has been collecting Cob-web's lately!:screwy:
I'm in too. gotta rack up some miles on the bike. almost a year old and only 3500 miles. :D

If you guys need help keeping the oil flowing in your bikes, I'd be glad to help y'all out. You know, for the good of the bikes. ;)

Min is currently in pieces in my garage looking for an electrical gremlin.

Guest Traumaslave

That reminds me, another nice loop which isn't too twisty is taking 68 from Sweetwater down to the Ocoee. Depending on how long ya'll wanna ride, we could go down to Helen, Ga. Just had some buddies ride down there and said it was a fantastic 3 hr ride.

Ok, it looks as if we have several showing interest in a Mid-Tenn TGO Ride.

It also looks like we have several members from all over the state showing interest, but many who wouldn't want to make the long trip to the Mid-Tenn area for such a ride. That's perfectly understandable.

It's probably going to be better for members outside the Mid-Tenn area to coordinate a TGO Ride for their specific sections of the state. If someone wants to take charge of their area, jump on it.

Of course, this doesn't mean members from other areas aren't welcome to join the Mid-Tenn TGO Ride.

From this point on, we will use this thread for the Mid-Tenn TGO Ride. If anyone wishes to do so, seperate threads can be started for other areas.

In order for this to be a successful event, some of us may need to be a little flexible. Everyone will have their "perfect ride" in mind, but of course it's not possible to please everyone 100%.

I know some members ride crusisers, while others ride sport bikes, but I think this can work with both. For everyone to be more comfortable, splitting up into 2 groups, sport bikes leaving a few minutes earlier, is always an option. That way those of us who ride cruisers won't be in the way of those who are able to run a little faster.

We need to begin gathering some ideas for the Mid-Tenn TGO Ride. Throw out any suggestions you may have.

1) Where will this ride take place?

2) What time of the day should we meet?

3) Where should we meet?

3) Do we want to have lunch, during or after the ride? And where? Not having lunch at all is always an option, I guess.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of anything with my daughter complaining and the dog biting my toes.

There is no date for this, but I was thinking sometime towards the end of September or beginning of October. That is flexible as well. Just thinking about more pleasant weather, and the fall colors should be starting to kick in, I think.

Set the ride route first and then folks can chime in what to see and where to eat along or near it.

Sadly, I can not do Hooters any longer so its out. A route to a gun friendly eatery would be double plus delicious!

I throw my recommendation in on your choice, the Natchez Trace. Have driven it for years as an alternate route to go hunting down in Wayne Co. I will say there is no good place to eat in the areas I get off at (Hohenwald and Waynesboro) just the usual McDs and Sonic, etc. But if someone knows something in Centerville, Columbia or even further south that I just haven't heard or know about, rock on. A nice big loop could be Trace down to 64 near Waynesboro then 64 east through Lawrencburg and Pulaski to 65, then back up by choice. This would allow those in the east area (Winchester) to just keep on 64 and go, the rest can come up 31 or 65. Just input, I just want to ride with you all.

Set the ride route first and then folks can chime in what to see and where to eat along or near it.

Sadly, I can not do Hooters any longer so its out. A route to a gun friendly eatery would be double plus delicious!

I throw my recommendation in on your choice, the Natchez Trace. Have driven it for years as an alternate route to go hunting down in Wayne Co. I will say there is no good place to eat in the areas I get off at (Hohenwald and Waynesboro) just the usual McDs and Sonic, etc. But if someone knows something in Centerville, Columbia or even further south that I just haven't heard or know about, rock on. A nice big loop could be Trace down to 64 near Waynesboro then 64 east through Lawrencburg and Pulaski to 65, then back up by choice. This would allow those in the east area (Winchester) to just keep on 64 and go, the rest can come up 31 or 65. Just input, I just want to ride with you all.

I was hoping to get some input on the route, but yours sounds like a good idea to me. I have only traveled about 50 miles south on the Natchez (from Hwy. 100), so I'm not all that familiar with where everything is located. Do you have a rough guesstimate on the mileage of the route you've suggested?

Does anyone know about how far from Hwy 100 and Natchez Trace it is before there's a place to get fuel? Some bikes may not be able to go quite as far as others before needing to refuel.

As far as an eatery goes, I don't imagine it needs to be anything fancy. Just somewhere to stretch out and grab a little something to much on.

Also, we need to come up with a date. I'd like to come up with a date that will allow the maximum number of members to show up.