TGO Motorcycle Ride?

Would you be interested in a TGO Motorcycle Ride?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a TGO Motorcycle Ride?

• Yes, I would like to attend a TGO Ride.
    • No, I would not like to attend a TGO Ride.

Is there any interest in a TGO Motorcycle Ride? Maybe towards the end of September, or beginning of October? Cooler temperatures and Fall colors would probably make for a more enjoyable ride.

I'm not sure where this would happen, or if our friends in the East and West would be willing to travel towards the Middle Tennessee area for such an event. If it would work out better, this can be done like the monthly Meet & Shoots. There could one planned for each section of TN.

We can give it a week or so for everyone to answer the poll, and we'll just go from there.

Please answer the poll, and if you don't mind, throw some suggestions out there.

Of course, we'll need to figure out where to ride. Do we want to eat before, after, or in the middle of the ride? Or, maybe not at all?

One thing to keep in mind when deciding where the route will take us, just remember that not everyone will be on the same type of bike. Those who ride big cruisers likely wouldn't enjoy a route that was nothing but hairpin turns, and the sport-bike riders probably wouldn't enjoy a route that reminded them of riding through the flatlands of the MidWest. I'm sure some of you know of some nice routes.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the the first yes vote in.

There is a lot of people who ride cruisers that enjoy a good twisty road I was with a few this weekend, we rode 875 miles in two days. We rode the Snake in Shady Valley, part of the Blue Ridge Parkway, 2 different Foothill Parkways, and of course the Tail of the Dragon

I got the the first yes vote in.

There is a lot of people who ride cruisers that enjoy a good twisty road I was with a few this weekend, we rode 875 miles in two days. We rode the Snake in Shady Valley, part of the Blue Ridge Parkway, 2 different Foothill Parkways, and of course the Tail of the Dragon

I've heard all about that place, but haven't been there yet. That very well could be an option.

I might be in(if I can't sell my bike before then). But honestly, I don't think there is any way my butt will allow me to stay in my seat(aka the torture chamber) all the way to middle Tennessee. I'd have to put her in the truck or leave three days early.:chill:

I might be in(if I can't sell my bike before then). But honestly, I don't think there is any way my butt will allow me to stay in my seat(aka the torture chamber) all the way to middle Tennessee. I'd have to put her in the truck or leave three days early.:chill:

You riding a Pogo stick with a weedeater motor?;)

If anything comes of this at all, there may be one closer to your neck-of-the-woods. We'll just have to see what people think about the whole idea.

You riding a Pogo stick with a weedeater motor?;)
I'm not sure how that would work, but it sounds like it might be fun.:chill:

Actually it's a Kawasaki Z1000. It's a pretty comfortable bike to ride(not quite so hard on the back as the "crotch-rockets" I'm used to, but still quick and nimble enough to keep me interested), except for that God awful seat. I've always meant to get a Corbin for it, but never got around to it.

Edited by USMCJG
Guest mudduck

i am all for it,i am planning a ride the last weekend in sept or the first weekend in oct.we are going up to ride the dragon and around the mountains that weekend,just a idea,but where ever it is i am in.

count me in, however the dragon and the snake are not for everyone(beginners) please consider that. on down in middle tn is more flat but great riding there also, but i dont care i'll ride anywhere or anything.:D

count me in, however the dragon and the snake are not for everyone(beginners) please consider that. on down in middle tn is more flat but great riding there also, but i dont care i'll ride anywhere or anything.:D

I'm no beginner, but I'm not hot on doing the Dragon either.

I would be interested riding with other sport bikes ...

Not because I hate cruisers, just because they are designed for a different type of riding that does not mesh well with sport bikes, ie. going through curves.

I am not a speed fiend but I do like twisties.

The only time I ride with a cruiser type is when there are just two of us.

I would be interested riding with other sport bikes ...

Not because I hate cruisers, just because they are designed for a different type of riding that does not mesh well with sport bikes, ie. going through curves.

I am not a speed fiend but I do like twisties.

The only time I ride with a cruiser type is when there are just two of us.

It's all about how everyone interacts. We allow both types of bikes in my club and while most of us still ride cruisers, you can accommodate and adapt if everyone is willing.

That being said though I doubt I'd be able to make a group trip around that time since that is around the time our club run is being planned up to Shiloh.

I just took a ride down part of Natchez Trace Parkway for the first time. We got on the Parkway at Hwy 100, and cruised about 50 miles South before turning around.

Man, that is a nice little ride. Beautiful scenery, and almost no traffic. We saw several other motorcycles and bicyclists, but almost no four-wheeled vehicles. Very nice.

I would have liked to made it all the way to the Alabama line, but the guy I went with needed to head back.

You could always buy a very nice Mertic bike for about 1/2 the cost of a Harley and ride with us this season.:)

I appreciate the offer, But i am pretty obsessed with the Rocker C after February I will be getting one so Please let me know when any of you guys would like to ride next year :)