AR camo

We all know the many things that Hero Gear has on-site: invaluable knowledge, great selection and prices, gunsmith, occasional fish sandwich. But did you also know that they also have an artist in residence? I give you the work of Picaso Joe. His canvas was my AR.

Picture176.jpg?t=1250633622

Picture185.jpg?t=1250633670

This was only from about 6 feet away.

Picture188.jpg?t=1250633695

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I have been amazed at what a chameleon this color and pattern is. Sometimes it looks too tan but always seems to blend right in with the woods and shadows. Even when sitting in the corner of the bedroom it seems to absorb light instead of reflecting it.

Guest JHatmaker

Dude, all I see is a pink towel on the back of the car, and a picture of some bushes...

Where's the AR? :bowrofl:

Looks great, I really like the look of Joe's camo'd AR's in the shop, that one looks really good.

• Administrator

Don't drop it while you're out in the weeds or you may never find it again. :bowrofl:

Joe does good work. Probably has something to do with actually having to make weapons blend into the scenery for real at some point in his career as a Chef with the Boy Scouts of America Advanced Ninja-Pimp Task Force. ;)

Don't drop it while you're out in the weeds or you may never find it again. :bowrofl:

Joe does good work. Probably has something to do with actually having to make weapons blend into the scenery for real at some point in his career as a Chef with the Boy Scouts of America Advanced Ninja-Pimp Task Force. ;)

Oooooooh. Aaaaaaaaah. ;)

OK... forgive my ignorance here. But what does the snakeskin (or laundrybag) sections accomplish? The reason I ask this is because from a distance they cannot be seen. No?

Exactly, they cannot be seen from a distance, even a short distance. I believe it helps with things like shadowing, light reflection/deflection, etc. I do not exactly know the scientific principle behind it, just know it works. It has nothing to do with, "I want my rifle to look like a snake" because I think I am Snake Plissken ( I just had to get that reference in there :)).

OK... forgive my ignorance here. But what does the snakeskin (or laundrybag) sections accomplish? The reason I ask this is because from a distance they cannot be seen. No?

When used with a combo of soft and hard lines, and when using terrain appropriate colors, it helps make flat surfaces "bend" or become dimensional which when done properly allows something as unnatural as a black rifle blend into it's natural surroundings.

(plus it looks cool :))

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...