Motorcycle carry

Guest tatts

Just curious about how all you motorcycles guys carry when on your bikes. I ride a softail and a OWB shows when I am gripping my handlebars. My pants are too tight for a IWB ( guess I could loose some weight..lol or buy larger size...lol). I do wear a vest in the summer and jacket in the winter so I am considering a shoulder holster. Let me know what you prefer.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey neighbor.

I THINK there might be a thread like this already..so you may try a search if nobody else chimes in.

But, I have found if I just move my IWB back farther on my hip it usually works. If I'm wearing pants that just won't work, I throw my Maxpedition bag over my shoulder.

I carry OWB too, put on a cover shirt with a couple bottom buttons fastened. Mostly this keeps it covered, but if it exposes I don't really care, unless I'm at a stop light. That's the great thing about TN HCP, it doesn't have to be concealed. You can open carry if you like, but I don't recommend it.

Also, my wife rides with me a lot and she keeps an eye on it for me.

I searched threads and didnt find any..may just have missed it. I will look again. Glad to finally see someone here from cleveland.

Ditto. I think there are a few of us now. Do you ride with that group that meets at Panera once a month by any chance?

Good to know I'm not crazy. Thought there was one going. :D

I do not ride with the group that meets at Panera monthly. I either ride alone (most of the time) or with a group of friends (rarely). When I do ride, I am usually outside of Cleveland. Thanks for al the reply's everyone, think I will stick with the OWB.

Edited by tatts
Forgot the topic. My Bad.
Guest crotalus01

I OC my Glock 22 in a Fobus retention holster when on my bike. I have tried a cheap Python IWB holster for my .38 revolver but it still prints pretty badly so I don't bother trying to conceal - also the fact that I prefer to carry my Glock 22 and really no way to effectively conceal it.

Sounds like you kinda got your answer, but I ride with a MC so I carry everywhere I legally can. The best 2 options I have found is a shoulder rig under my vest for best concealment or OWB on my hip if I'm not concerned with it showing out from under the vest.

Just make sure it's a tight fit holster or use retention lol

After my wreck I am SOOOO glad I didn't have my pistol on my side. It would have done a tremendous amount of damage to my hip if not worse. I had it in my shoulder bag. One of the Maxpedition bags or similar would be a great idea and give you quicker access to it IMO. You can always keep you holster on and transition to it if you need.

I know most guys carry on them, I'd just be hesitant after my experience with the pavement.

After my wreck I am SOOOO glad I didn't have my pistol on my side. It would have done a tremendous amount of damage to my hip if not worse. I had it in my shoulder bag. One of the Maxpedition bags or similar would be a great idea and give you quicker access to it IMO. You can always keep you holster on and transition to it if you need.

I know most guys carry on them, I'd just be hesitant after my experience with the pavement.

In a fall, SOMETHING is going to hurt you either way, so I generally try not to worry about that, but I do often carry in my Max bag for comfort on the bike, and the extra pockets for other stuff is a bonus.

Glad you're ok, BTW.

In a fall, SOMETHING is going to hurt you either way, so I generally try not to worry about that, but I do often carry in my Max bag for comfort on the bike, and the extra pockets for other stuff is a bonus.

Glad you're ok, BTW.

Very true, but I landed on my right hip (the exact spot I usually carry) and slide for about 15 yrds. I thinking along the lines of why people don't like SOB carry.

Very true, but I landed on my right hip (the exact spot I usually carry) and slide for about 15 yrds. I thinking along the lines of why people don't like SOB carry.

Ouch. Unfortunate coincidence on the fall/gun location my friend. Again, glad you didn't end up worse off. :hiding:

Isnt this kinda the same reason why LEO's dont carry cuffs on the back anymore? or is that just a rumor..