Bahney Fwankes Town Hall Meeting....

Guest SUNTZU

Guest SUNTZU

Emotions run high at Frank's meeting in Dartmouth | SouthCoastToday.com

SNIP...The Rev. Stephen Kelly of Norton received a blunt response from Frank, chairman of the Financial Services Committee, when he asked him about the trust people should put into government.

"Whoever told you to trust the government? You live in a democracy. I never asked anyone to trust the government. It's not your mother, your father or your doctor."

Kelly, wearing a leather vest with a stitching that said, "I love my country but fear my government," said he got the answer he expected.

"I agree with him," Kelly said. "There's no reason to trust anything the government is doing at this moment. ... The lack of a straight answer is typical for a congressman."...SNIP.

I hope you can stand listening to him in the video that is in the link. Good luck with that.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TurboniumOxide

This guy is a real piece of work. He holds MOST of the responsibility for the meltdown of freddys fanny. He was having a gay affair with a Fannie Mae executive during the time that he was on the oversight committee. It is perverse and the MSM won't touch it. This guy should be publicly caned.

He really comes across as elitist and out of touch. It seemed

like he wished he could say "How dare YOU people question me?".

At least that is what I take away from the exchange.

The sad part is, these same people will keep him in office. The rest of us have to suffer along with them. Some how we have to get term limits to get trash like him out of power.

Ok, so I don't know enough about federal law, but can't the American people start a referendum for term limits? Any lawyers out there who can answer this?

Many fear to do so, but two-thirds of the state legislatures can call for a convention. The problem is, there is no limit to what can be proposed in the convention....

NARA | The National Archives Experience

Article. V. The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate. [emphasis added]

As for a referendum...no, there is no provision in the U.S. Constitution for any form of referendum.

If anyone has ever deserved to be struck by lightning it's this guy. I want to puke when I hear him speak.

And whoever posted it above is right on, he would love to say "how dare you question my homo azz" !

pitiful

fujimo

Guest 3pugguy
He really comes across as elitist and out of touch. It seemed

like he wished he could say "How dare YOU people question me?".

At least that is what I take away from the exchange.

+1

And he is likely a hero to the folks in his home state, who also likely view anyone in the South, such as us, as out of touch and not understanding what is best for us.

Guest Phantom6
Ya know, this guy is for abortion. Too bad his parents weren't!

Very good point. Limbaugh today cracked wise about Frank's asking what planet the protester with the poster of Obama as Hitler was from. When he said "How could Barney Frank ask a question like that? Why its well known that Congressman Frank works around Uranus!":eek: I spit my coffee across the counter at the gunshop as I was preparing to open.:blush::rofl: I had to break out the windex and paper towles and clean the glass all over again. :D:rofl: