Browning X-Bolt

WME

I have been looking at the CZ527 and then found the Browning X-Bolt in .223. Other than the Ruger Hawkeye and these two bolt guns there doesn't seem to be a lot out there in .223. Maybe Savage makes one, not sure. Does anyone have any experience with the Browning? I understand that it is made in Japan and it is a spin off of the A-Bolt that has been around for years. The on-line reviews are always good for most anything these days. I am looking for a 100 yard paper punch that can share the ammo with my AR.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remington does make a 700 wood stock in 223 but only in left hand. I know it is weird but that is the way it is. Makes no sense to me, because the 700 is a nice rifle and I would like to have one.

I have an x-bolt stainless stalker in 300 WSM and it is a great gun. Good feel, great trigger. It is not just a new A-Bolt, but rather a new gun with some completely new features. It gets its name from the 4 mounting holes for the scope bases which creates an X.

Depending on the model, it may be a little pricier than a cz, but all around an excellent gun. If you want to keep the cost down a bit, I would look at the CZ, even more look at the Savage. Savages aren't pretty for the most part, they shoot extremely well out of the box.

I have had several Remington 700's in 223 and they are great shooters. I currently have a 700BDL in 223. I found it used for 450. I had two but recently traded the other one off. If you look around they are not that hard to find. The CZ is nice if you want a mini platform. The Sportsman Store in Dickson had a used one last week for 475. It was synthetic with the 3 round mag.