USGO

JeffsSig

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

I know the guy who runs that site. ;)

Honestly if it doesn't start seeing more traffic, I'm probably going to kill it. I'm really having to thin down on the number of projects that I have going just for the simple logistics of it. :)

Guest H0TSH0T

I went and looked, but its empty, a cyber ghost town.

just my opinion, TGO has a lot of traffic due to the people and a lot of local interest, on just about every subject out there, i am sure some other people in other states have a favorite site/gun blog, but on a national level your looking at a broad scope witch loses people, also as a community your more likely to meet and have better opportunity to shop, get more relevant info like hunting tips ,local events/meetings and issues, ranges, and go to activities than on a national level, to me its kinda like the local news vs the national news, my local news covers more that effects me, and still will hit some of the major points on important world topics. not that it is a bad thing just think the format is set up as a local, not national......

National websites do work. I am into offraoding and there is a Tennessee website that is very active with over 10,000 users, but you have to register to view anything on that forum. And then there is a national website, not run by the same people, that has over 140,000 users with almost 9million posts

Thought about USGO when I saw this thread. Went and looked, and yep not much traffic. I am a member here ...duh...., a local off road group, a world wide Jeep JK group and I have a few others I hit from time to time. But TGO is a majority of my online forum time.

Dave, I don't know what to say. I think if this site wasn't as successful as it is, then USGO would have a better chance. It would seem a lot of time and effort would be needed to cultivate that site into a player. Looking at posts over there, it seems they picked up for a little while, but only by a few.

Guest canynracer

it just needs some love...I will admit, I havent been doing much over there I will remedy that...at least until David makes his decision...

its a good site, we need to go to the other big names in other states and try to get them cross posting...

maybe the national news links from all of them can redirect or something...

but a national site DEFINATLEY has value...especially for those that travel