4 weeks to go until bow season! What you gonna take opening morning.

Guest redbarron06

Guest redbarron06

We have 28 days until opening morning. I am really getting stoked about it. Got the gear out today and took a couple of dozen shots and I can feel everything coming back together. archery_smilie.gif

I dont want to get into brand bashing just intrested in what some of the other folks are going to use to bring home the backstrap bonaza opening weekend.

I will be running my 07 Bowtech Guardian (set at 67 lbs) kitted out with G-5 Meta peep and Optix ME sight (3 fixed plus 1 floating pin). Trophy Ridge "Drop Zone" rest and 6 shooter quiver. STS for the string and a will be using a Truball Sabertooth release packing a ST3 as backup.

Arrows are Victory Archery V1 (400) arrows with custom blazer wraps and 2 inch Blazer vanes. I prefer neon yellow wrap and 2 solid neon yellow vanes with a neon yellow and black tiger stripe as the cock vane. Tipping them off will be an assortment of cutting impliments and a one or 2 impact points. I will most likley take 2 arrows tipped with Rage 2 blade heads and 1 tipped with Steal Force Sabertooth HP cut on contact. These 3 are for deer. The other half of the quiver will be for turkey and smaller critters. I will have one arrow tipped with either a G5 SGH heads. These do quite the job in coons, possums, groundhogs, rabbits, and other targets of opportunity. The last 2 arrows get NAP Spitfire "Gobbler Getters". We (unit L) can take one turkey either sex during the archery only season here in TN so I always go prepared.

So what you taking looking for tinybuck.gif

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redbarron06
ill be taking my Mossberg 535 with some slugs :tinfoil:

Fort Campbell allows muzzleloader and shotguns all season, even bow season.

also, i cant bowhunt as i have shoulder issues.

I did not know that. I will have to file that away in my good things to know file.

As far as the shoulder you know you could get a cross bow right?

I did not know that. I will have to file that away in my good things to know file.

As far as the shoulder you know you could get a cross bow right?

have been looking into a crossbow as well. just havent put the money into one as i dont hunt that often. i do hope to change that though.

Guest Jcochran88

I will be taking out the ol' Hoyt. Set to 65lbs. Will also have a quiver full of arrows all tipped with muzzy 3 blade 125s. Anything that walks within 50 yards will be getting an easton 400 thrown at it!!!

'06 Hoyt MT Sport at 67 pounds. Beman ICS Hunter carbon arrows with Wasp Jak-Hammer SST expandables. I just put a new LimbSaver Prism sight on this year. It was a freebie from a sponsored Hunting buddy. It is a great sight. I have the 20 yard pin sighted and the 30 is close. I just have to finish up over the next month and get lots more practice in the process.

I'll be taking my Horton Crossbow with Redfield 4x32 scope, 20" Carbon Express arrows fletched with Blazers and topped off with Black Momba expandable broadheads. Got some pretty good bucks running the area, but a fat doe of spike will do me just fine for some meat.

Guest Jcochran88
I'll be taking my Bowtech Kronik,Gonna take the first deer that comes into bow range!! Spots or no spots!! :hyper:

Spots do make them easier to shoot! Just like picking a dot on the target in the back yard!:D And they are so tender when they are on the grill!!!

Guest clutepc

I'll be using my Kronik as well. 65lbs, Muzzy MX-3 broadheads.

This being my first year, I hope for a shot at a buck or doe but I have much to learn so we'll see...lol

I've seen plenty scouting and saw a few rubs but we'll see...

I'm staying out of the woods until the season starts I just hope they stay in that general area.

Guest redbarron06
good old parker with some arrows that are sharp(rage)! :) and my thermacell and tick spray. I'm also taking to camper and staying all weekend....might take the ar and shoot some yotes while im there.

Be careful hunting coyotes with centerfire during archery season as it is illegal.

Coyote Hunti ng

Private land

Season open year-round, 30-minutes before sunrise to 30-minutes after sunset.

Legal equipment:

During big game seasons:

A licensed big game hunter may hunt with what is legal during the particular big game season. If not licensed to big game hunt, hunters may use shotguns with #4 shot or smaller, rimfire rifles, muzzleloaders, archery.

Guest redbarron06
hmmmm, good to know...it's my land so i figured anything would be ok, thanks

I think they worded it that way to keep folks from going out with a 300 win mag and only a small game license then shooting and deer and going and buying the license after the fact.

Guest walkingdeadman

Bowtech Diamond had its' final tune tonight at the archery store. Finally I got settled in at 60 pounds. Pretty much grouping them at 35 - 45 yards easily. We will see if that changes when ole' bob the buck walks out on me...I might **** my pants.