Best Place to Order Bulk Ammo

Guest EasilyObsessed

Guest Verbal Kint

It's pretty much hit and miss, everywhere online, right now. :)

I've been trying to score some 185gr .45ACP target ammo (even before I bought my Kimber, in anticipation of making the purchase) for a few months now... and every place I've checked has been sold out constantly. If they do get a shipment in, it's gone in a matter of hours. It's been this way since the price hike. *sigh*

I can't wait to get back home in a few months, where I can invest in a reloading setup.

Guest canynracer
It's pretty much hit and miss, everywhere online, right now. :)

I've been trying to score some 185gr .45ACP target ammo (even before I bought my Kimber, in anticipation of making the purchase) for a few months now... and every place I've checked has been sold out constantly. If they do get a shipment in, it's gone in a matter of hours. It's been this way since the price hike. *sigh*

I can't wait to get back home in a few months, where I can invest in a reloading setup.

I dont have a 45, so I dont know what a "good deal" is..lol.. but it seems reasonable here:

http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=23_76_121&page=1&sort=3d

Nope Canyn, I can buy Blazer Brass at WallWorld for about 24 cents a round just in a box of 50. Of course that is before tax but ammunition to go is going to want shipping I am guessing.

Nice try anyway.

Best way is to reload. I have been pricing and if I made 1000 I can do it for about 15 cents a round or less I think. That is provided I use brass I already have.

Guest Verbal Kint

Yeah... thanks for looking out, though, Canyn. :)

I actually went to WalMart the other night and picked up 200rds of Blazer Brass to shoot this weekend. Originally went to see if they had any Winchester white box, which they were sold out of, but ended up coming out of there cheaper with the 4 boxes of Blazer Brass anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

for those of you who dont reload try to get to tulsa in november .the best prices around are there ammo to go sits up next to me .ammo dealers come in tractor trailer trucks with ammo .bitteroot bullets bring 4 .if you want cheap ammo go to tulsa the next show is nov.13-14 i will havw a few extra badges to get some in on friday.not to say there are more guns there than you can beliveat the april show i bought 7.62x54r for 55.00 for a spam can .bargins abound there if you have never been you need to go if you have you know what i am talking about

• Like 1

OK, maybe OPA is not a good place to get a deal but they do have ammo in bulk. My thoughts are that finding ammo within the state instead of paying a ammo tax like some have plus shipping, you may be close to what you can buy locally.

Don't know for sure since I really haven't made a complete spread sheet and compared prices that close.

Here's a deal from http://http://www.usaammo.com/9mm-Luger-115-gr-FMJ-New-P67.aspx .

Also some bulk in reloaded ammo from TN Cartridge can be found in Lebanon at the Gun Room. Or on the west side in Oakland where TNC is located. These are just a couple I know off hand.

I'll give a +1 to sgammo.com.

My first order was a crate of 7.62x54r, but they accidentally sent a crate of 5.45x39. A quick email and they had the correct crate on its way and a call into UPS to come pick up the incorrect crate at no charge.

My latest order was a couple hundred rounds of .38 special. Within 20 minutes of placing my order it was in the box and on its way to me.

Stand up bunch of folks and their prices aren't bad either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Revelator
Walmart carries Federal 200 rd pack of 55 gr. 223 for about $58.

Gotta love those pre-2008 prices. Has anyone else noticed this thread is almost four years old? How do people find this stuff?