Lack of Rental Guns

Guest Packaged Chaos

Guest Packaged Chaos

So how does one go about choosing a new firearm? I thought I could shoot the three 9mm I was first considering (G-19, XD-9, M&P9) at a gun range but it is hard to find all 3 at the same range. I would like to venture out and try a CZ, FNP-9 or even an EAA but that is even worse. I've called ranges in Nashville, Joelton, Murfreesboro, Jackson, and Memphis. Anyone know of any others in West TN?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Packaged Chaos

Yeah they have by far the best selection, I got my CCW there with an M&P rental. Forgot to mention them. Just wondering if I had missed one and if anyone knew one that carried the CZ or FN. Probably pretty hard to find since most don't even stock them.

So how does one go about choosing a new firearm? I thought I could shoot the three 9mm I was first considering (G-19, XD-9, M&P9) at a gun range but it is hard to find all 3 at the same range. I would like to venture out and try a CZ, FNP-9 or even an EAA but that is even worse. I've called ranges in Nashville, Joelton, Murfreesboro, Jackson, and Memphis. Anyone know of any others in West TN?

Try RangeUSA in Memphis (Bartlett)? They have a pretty good supply of rentals.

Guest 3pugguy

I second the vote for Guns and Leather...good guys there and pretty good selection.

Come to the next G&L meet & shoot, or come see me before then. Even if I don't have firearm you want to shoot as a dedicated rental, if I have a used-traded-in one I'd be more than happy to let you test drive it.

+1. think guns & leather has all 3 of those... and I can attest, Daniel was extremely cool the other day to let me shoot a used EMP without any fuss (a kinda pricey piece i was so close to having to plunk down around $750used-$1200new to "try and see...", turns out it wasn't for me and I am grateful I didn't have to find out the hard way...).

Guest Packaged Chaos

Called the Great Outdoor store in Jackson to verify, they don't have hardly any of the guns they have listed on THEIR website for rentals. When are the meet and shoots?

Guest Packaged Chaos

Well I'll be working the last Sunday of the month, gotta love shiftwork....mmmm. Went to On Target in Murfreesboro today and tried the Glock 19 and the M&P 9 Compact. The Compact has 12 round capacity right? The guy behind the counter kept calling it the subcompact and the 17 round the compact.....so what would be considered the full size then??? I liked both of them for the way they felt but my groups (if you can call them that) were smaller with the M&P. I don't think I could go wrong with either one but still can't choose. I think the aftermarket for glocks is probably bigger with mags being cheaper and a larger holster variety so that might sway me, but I think qualifying with the M&P for my HCP makes me biased. Any words of wisdom?

Well I'll be working the last Sunday of the month, gotta love shiftwork....mmmm. Went to On Target in Murfreesboro today and tried the Glock 19 and the M&P 9 Compact. The Compact has 12 round capacity right? The guy behind the counter kept calling it the subcompact and the 17 round the compact.....so what would be considered the full size then??? I liked both of them for the way they felt but my groups (if you can call them that) were smaller with the M&P. I don't think I could go wrong with either one but still can't choose. I think the aftermarket for glocks is probably bigger with mags being cheaper and a larger holster variety so that might sway me, but I think qualifying with the M&P for my HCP makes me biased. Any words of wisdom?

Trigger! Short of an expensive 1911, nothing's got anything on the glock short and crisp trigger reset, and with a glock for less than $20 you can get a connector and trigger spring to tune your pull to your likeing... actually, for short money you can get many different parts to play around with them, can't do any of that with an m&p or anything else as easily or cheaply... and if you ever decide to trade it for something it'll hold most of it's value even after thousands of rounds...

Then there's the fact that a monkey could detail strip a glock in the dark because it's so simple and has so few parts...

(can you tell I like glocks? seriously been trying to not like them for years now... just can't, they just work!)

that said, if a glock just doesn't fit, the m&p is the one to get.

(remember to feel/handle them all... 19's don't fit me 'cause of the tighter finger grooves, but 17's and 26's do, for me the 17's fit like gaston had me in mind and hiding that extra 1/2" ain't as hard as many would have you think! ...and consider weight, a fully loaded 17+1 G17 still weighs less than, or the same as, an empty 1911 or sig...)

Edited by CK1