Computer companies are stupid

dralarms

One thing I specifically looked for when choosing a motherboard for my build was a serial port. All of my HAM radio's and software interface with it. Both my mobile and my base radio have serial ports right on the back, so there is no need for interfaces or anything of that nature.

Serial may be a thing of the past, but even new products still use them. In my next build, as hard as it may be, a serial port will again be a requirement.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I specifically looked for when choosing a motherboard for my build was a serial port. All of my HAM radio's and software interface with it. Both my mobile and my base radio have serial ports right on the back, so there is no need for interfaces or anything of that nature.

Serial may be a thing of the past, but even new products still use them. In my next build, as hard as it may be, a serial port will again be a requirement.

I have been having the same problems, I assume psk31?

Cheers,

KE4PJR

Dell is a very liberal company, from Michael Dell down to the employees. Before the election, it seems like 4 out of 5 Dell employees were wearing Obama shirts. Now, it's down to about 2 in 5. Seriously. Not to mention their multitude of 'green' activities.

Originally Posted by nightrunner viewpost.gif

Don't know if it matters to you, but I was told the owners of Dell or Dell Co. itself are supporter of gay rights. Honestly it doesnt matter to me as I am buying a product not investing in a company.

OK, as a Dell employee for the last 7 years theres something I have to add, I never seen anybody in our plant were a Obama shirt..

Dell is a very diverse company, gay, white, black, oriental, Hispanic.... they treat all employees as equals..

That said I WAS a Dell employee until 3 weeks ago when our plant in Lebanon was sold to a third party vender (GENCO) along with all the people and processes, the NEW company I work for is like working for the NAZIS!!! You have no idea. Dell was the best job and best company I ever worked for.

dralarms, sorry for the problem your having finding a system to do what you need but here's a suggestion, go to this site, Refurbished DELL Computers - Refurbished Dell Notebooks`Laptops`PCs`Desktops`Used Dell Computers | DFS Direct Sales

These are preleased Dell business systems refurbished here in Tennessee by Tennesseans, because there older systems alot of them will have XP and a serial port and they'll cheaper due to being refurbished. If you find a system you like PM me the info/track code and I'll pull the system from stock and look at it for you to verify if functionality and condition and if you give me a couple days I'll send you a coupon for 20% off the price but I'm off for the weekend and cant get to the coupon until I go back to work on Tuesday.

These pre leased systems have worked in the field for 2 - 3 years and have been returned when a company buys new ones from Dell, nothing was wrong with them just used, every Dell product I've bought has been refurbished and I've never had a failure and I'm talking about 10 laptops and bout 20 desktops...

The 20% discount will go for all TGO members just PM me and I'll hook you up.

I'm a white straight male, I didn't vote for Obama, I'm a TGO member and I used to work for a GREAT company DELL!!!!! COOP

Originally Posted by nightrunner viewpost.gif

Don't know if it matters to you, but I was told the owners of Dell or Dell Co. itself are supporter of gay rights. Honestly it doesnt matter to me as I am buying a product not investing in a company.

OK, as a Dell employee for the last 7 years theres something I have to add, I never seen anybody in our plant were a Obama shirt..

Dell is a very diverse company, gay, white, black, oriental, Hispanic.... they treat all employees as equals..

That said I WAS a Dell employee until 3 weeks ago when our plant in Lebanon was sold to a third party vender (GENCO) along with all the people and processes, the NEW company I work for is like working for the NAZIS!!! You have no idea. Dell was the best job and best company I ever worked for.

dralarms, sorry for the problem your having finding a system to do what you need but here's a suggestion, go to this site, Refurbished DELL Computers - Refurbished Dell Notebooks`Laptops`PCs`Desktops`Used Dell Computers | DFS Direct Sales

These are preleased Dell business systems refurbished here in Tennessee by Tennesseans, because there older systems alot of them will have XP and a serial port and they'll cheaper due to being refurbished. If you find a system you like PM me the info/track code and I'll pull the system from stock and look at it for you to verify if functionality and condition and if you give me a couple days I'll send you a coupon for 20% off the price but I'm off for the weekend and cant get to the coupon until I go back to work on Tuesday.

These pre leased systems have worked in the field for 2 - 3 years and have been returned when a company buys new ones from Dell, nothing was wrong with them just used, every Dell product I've bought has been refurbished and I've never had a failure and I'm talking about 10 laptops and bout 20 desktops...

The 20% discount will go for all TGO members just PM me and I'll hook you up.

I'm a white straight male, I didn't vote for Obama, I'm a TGO member and I used to work for a GREAT company DELL!!!!! COOP

Well thanks coop, sent you a pm.