Back to Sig

Guest johnmattwill

Guest johnmattwill

Well, My first love in handguns was with Sig so this past weekend I decided to trade and go back to one of my favorite guns I have ever owned...

My new Sig P220R... added a Bedair stainless guide rod to it, plus some stainless grip screws to match, then replaced the slim grips with Hogue factory Sig recheckered...... Shoots just like I remember Sig's do...... Like a dream... I'll miss my Kimber but plan on replacing it with another sometime in the future...

Sig002.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They make a 220 single action, after shooting 1911s the safety is "wrong" for me but a nice 220 is always a fine choice. I picked up a 239 tactical that has the Sig SRT trigger. When it's single action, the trigger reset is almost 1911ish.

Now I'm playing around with the idea of picking up a 220 Elite just for that trigger

I wish someone could have taught me how to shoot the thing before I got rid of mine. Never could deal with the long heavy trigger pull in the DAO version I had a few years ago. Gave me too much time to get off target. Very reliable though. Fired thousands of rounds through it without one FTF or FTE before I got rid of it. Just never could become accurate enough for my taste.

Guest JHatmaker
They make a 220 single action, after shooting 1911s the safety is "wrong" for me but a nice 220 is always a fine choice. I picked up a 239 tactical that has the Sig SRT trigger. When it's single action, the trigger reset is almost 1911ish.

Now I'm playing around with the idea of picking up a 220 Elite just for that trigger

I've got a 220 Elite, and the trigger is great, very 1911ish.

Guest johnmattwill

I absolutely love mine, I have owned 3 different P220's... I had a 1991 W. German P220 and then a P220R Carry.... All 3, including my current have been top notch reliable... thru all 3 guns I have probably 5000 rounds total and never had a single FTF or FTE...... and as for accuracy, the most consitent handguns I have ever owned...:cool:

Guest SureShot308
I will own a P220 in the future, I've never had a single problem from my Sigs from 30 year old to NIB, IMO Sigs are 1 of the best firearm out there. I hate to sell my P245 but I just have 2 many at the moment... COOP

Did you just say you had too man Sigs? That is blasphemy! There is no such thing as too man Sigs.

Well, My first love in handguns was with Sig so this past weekend I decided to trade and go back to one of my favorite guns I have ever owned...

My new Sig P220R... added a Bedair stainless guide rod to it, plus some stainless grip screws to match, then replaced the slim grips with Hogue factory Sig recheckered...... Shoots just like I remember Sig's do...... Like a dream... I'll miss my Kimber but plan on replacing it with another sometime in the future...

Sig002.jpg

I just ordered some Houge Re-Checkered stock grips for my P220R, after reading several reviews I think they will be awesome :koolaid:

Guest johnmattwill
I just ordered some Houge Re-Checkered stock grips for my P220R, after reading several reviews I think they will be awesome :P

I have been really pleased with mine... the re-checkering really improves the feel of the stock grip..... :)