what gun shops still do layaways?

Guest jdavis

what gunshops still do layaways? i have been saving for about a year and every time i get the money saved up i have to use it somewhere else so it looks like the only way i am going to get the gun i want is to lay it away, i want a kimber custom tle II, i know the gun will cost me a little more with layaway but i still dont want to get ripped, so if any of you have layed one away and would reccomend the shop please let me know. i know $1,000 dollars shouldnt be a problem to save up, but for me it seems imposible.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have two kids , a house payment,and a truck payment thats all the debt i need, at least if i lay one away and something happens and i cant pay for it it doesnt hurt anyone the shop just makes money on it.

what gunshops still do layaways? i have been saving for about a year and every time i get the money saved up i have to use it somewhere else so it looks like the only way i am going to get the gun i want is to lay it away, i want a kimber custom tle II, i know the gun will cost me a little more with layaway but i still dont want to get ripped, so if any of you have layed one away and would reccomend the shop please let me know. i know $1,000 dollars shouldnt be a problem to save up, but for me it seems imposible.

Go here Gunslingers - Your Source for Quality Firearms, George Talia he will order you any gun you want for $100.00 down, I have bought 9 guns from him and he is a great friend, tell him Steve Willis sent you

I would run by myself....but it appears to be in Michigan,

I thought it said mt juliet, it is in michigan willis68 is from mt juliet. i dont guess i will run by there then.

Edited by jdavis

He is in Michigan, if you order a gun that costs 1k or more he will give you a year to pay it off making small monthly payments, he will give you an awesome price as well and charge NO interest I do not know of anyone else who will do this I have been dealing with him for over 6 years now and I assure you that you will not be sorry :mad: the prices on his website are MSRP, he gives a much better deal than I have been able to find that is why I continue to use him I would not have several of my guns if it were not for his generous layaway program

Edited by willis68
Guest SureShot308

Guns and Leather up in Greenbreir does lay away at no extra charge if that isn't too far away and they usually have a pretty good selection of Kimbers and other 1911 in stock.

... i know $1,000 dollars shouldnt be a problem to save up, but for me it seems imposible.

You might want to look into this part a little more closely, because it might reveal a greater issue. Perhaps your income vs. expenses dosent support a new gun?

either way, i applaud your conviction to not rush out and use a credit card like most of America..

Edited by TNTitan
Guest 22-rimfire

In Chattanooga area, Ammo Dump, Carters, and Benton Shooters Supply have no cost layaway plans. Big Daddy's in Bridgeport AL also has a layaway plan. Have not been in either Carters or Big Daddy's lately, but they used to.

You might want to look into this part a little more closely, because it might reveal a greater issue. Perhaps your income vs. expenses dosent support a new gun?

either way, i applaud your conviction to not rush out and use a credit card like most of America..

my income is fine,we just always set aside extra money for wants and our wants are always greater than my wants. any adult can understand how that happens.

Guest Bluemax
I know gunny's in Maryville does layaway, 20% down, 90 days to pay with no interest.[/quote

+ 1000 The last hangun I purchased came from Gunny's. David not only worked with me on the price but let me lay away it as well. These guys are GOOD people:cool:;)

Guest 3pugguy

ASP in Joelton has some type of layaway program - think it's 90 days maybe (can't remember the sign). Here is the contact info:

7236 Whites Creek Pike ~ Joelton, TN 37080 ~ 615-876-3010

From I-24 going west, you go on Exit 35, turn left, just beyond the McDonalds (McD's will be on your right, ASP is on the left).

And +1 on the folks recommending Guns and Leather; I've bought a couple of guns from them, but have not used the layaway. TGO member "Metalhead" is Daniel who is with Guns and Leather.

Specialty does it. Think it's 3% every 30 days or such? I've done lay-a-way quite a few times through them. A few times half up front, and the rest on the next paycheck. No problems.

The sign outside of Hero Gear now says "Layaway Now For Christmas". Have been resisting stopping, but not sure how much longer I can hold out.

Mike at Hero Gear told me their layaway plan was 20% down and either 60 or 90 days to pay the balance (can't remember which since it was at least a month ago and the memory ain't what it used to be).