Free hunting land.....

Guest jps37033

Guest jps37033

I am in west tennessee and have a great 26 acre tract I live on. I will not be able to hunt it this year due to losing job and selling guns. I would love for somebody to harvest it. I am not saying I would not like a deer shoulder thrown my way but... :screwy:

Anyways - I took a nice 6 of it last year that was walking with an 8 I could not get a shot on. I had rubs on some good trees and an awesome scrape close to 2 others that were smaller (and I suspect there is a bigger one besides the 6 and 8). The rub was on a tree that was as easily big round as a normal mans leg, 4 and 1/2 feet up to 5 and 1/2 feet up and tines hitting the back.

I am a bit more on turkey than deer too. I am directly inbetween a 60 acre corn field and a larger soybean field with an apple orchard on the back. I have attached a crappy drawing of my property line and how it is laid out.

I am open to a TGO'er hunting it all season. I have no other leases on it, and you could be exclusive to it. I wouldnt mind a cheap gun of sorts thrown my way if possible, but will settle for a thanks and a handshake!

landlayout.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jps37033
Wow. This offer is very kind of you sir. I see that you are located in Martin, Tn which is where i am currently residing because of school. I go to UTM. It sounds like a sweet little spot to hunt. I am sure someone will jump on your offer quick. Good luck

If you are at UTM, I am a few miles down the road. I am in Greenfield. If you would like to hunt, you are welcome to. If you dont have a gun, hopefully I can help soon. Keep in touch.

If you are at UTM, I am a few miles down the road. I am in Greenfield. If you would like to hunt, you are welcome to. If you dont have a gun, hopefully I can help soon. Keep in touch.

I really appreciate the offer kind sir. I do have a rifle, and i would normally jump at an offer like this, but i already have a couple of spots to hunt at. I have my family's private land in Mcnairy County and a deer lease by Salem Farm in Weakley County, so i will move aside for someone who might need a place to hunt more than me. Thanks :screwy:

• 3 weeks later...

Very kind offer! Wish I was close enough to take you up on the deal. I used to hunt in the West Tennessee area back in the 60s. Good folks, and good hunting land. Even though I'm unable to take you up on your offer, I'd like to thank you for your unselfish generosity. We need more like you out there in the hunting world. The best to you, and I hope everything works out for you and your family.

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so uncommon? TN Sen. Fred Thompson

Guest nokomom

Wow, what a kind offer! This forum has some really great people.

I started deer hunting when I was 21 with an ex and I loved it! I've taken two bucks and one doe and learned how to skin and clean em myself. I'm a modern woman and I don't need a man to clean my guns or haul my deer....wait...um any offers to do the things mentioned previously will be accepted graciously. It has been years since I have been and I was telling my husband how much I miss it yesterday. NY husband has never been hunting and I would love to get him into it.

I loved waking up early and hiking out in the quiet woods alone (and safely toting a high caliber rifle.) Once I watched a beaver for about an hour while I was up in a tree stand. It is just so peaceful. I used to hunt on my cousin's land down in Mississippi when I still had residency there but have not had a spot to hunt since I have been in Memphis.

I'd need to get my TN Hunting license but that shouldn't be any problem since I still have proof of my hunter safety course! I'm gonna see if I can get down there and help ya out with that deer problem sir! :cool:

• 1 year later...