My Joker co-worker got a surprise today

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TurboniumOxide

I carry at work, in a corporate environment. Kahr pm9 in nemesis in right front. The employee handbook mentions weapons and that I could be fired for carrying. Do I care if I get fired? No. IT is about the only industry still needing talented people, and I would rather work from home, or at least closer to home anyway. I guess I should be looking for a job that makes me happier.

Wow... I just have to ask (perhaps I misread, or missed it completely?) Is this guy young, as in, early 20's or so? I just can't imagine anyone that's not young (as in, mature adult) grabbing for someone else's wallet, no matter where they were or whom they were with. I've never had someone try that, that wasn't trying to steal from me, nonetheless anyone I've ever worked with/was around that I knew...

If this guy is a grown man - then that's just rediculous. If someone tried that with me, they'd get a fist (out of reaction), or if I were to try that with any of my coworkers, I'd get the same returned to me.

Sorry to hear that man... some people need to be mindful of others' space.

Several co-workers and I went to Knoxville today for some computer training. We're all standing around before class, I'm fixing myself a coffee. One of my co-workers, who can never even for a minute be serious, decides he's going to be funny and try to pretend to steal my wallet.

Only problem was the pocket he went for had my KelTek in it. I keep in in a Desantis Pocket Holster, and it looks kind of like a wallet, which is one of the reasons I carry it and carry it there.

Well, he just sort of grabbed at it, not really wanting to take it out. I swung around, said something like "WTF" and pushed him away. When he realized it wasn't my wallet, I could see the look of puzzlement turn into a look of realization. The look was priceless. He didn't know I carried.

Then to make things worse, out of shock he shouts out "What, is that a gun in your pocket". IDIOT! I gave him a dirty look, glanced around to see who heard, I figure maybe one other. I told him to shut up and keep it to himself.

Later I overheard him mentioning it to someone else. So, now I've lost my inconspicuousness (sp?) and I'll probably be the talk of the office for a while.

Hey, I think I work with the same D_ckhead here in Memphis. Ha ha.

I hate it when someone gets in MY space or touches me. I have one @$$ at work that would be the kind to do that very thing. He's always poking and hitting everyone. He's good for nothing but aggravating us. He's about 33. He'll never mature beyond the sad level he's at now.

My office is a family run place, ~20 emplyees, and my pistol is on my ankle. It's been riding down there for about 6 weeks. No one has noticed it. Though I never realized how much people look down during conversation, as I am always watching to see where people look. Call me paranoid. LOL

Guest dizzielizzie

I would check company policy to make sure they don't say anything about firearms (so you know your ass is covered.) If your employer has anything to say, you know your rights & the laws... be confident, but polite.

As far as the "loud mouth" goes I would feel like I have one up on him, because I have one of those precious permits, and yes, I carry a gun. Don't change a thing, better rumor will come along and your little secret will soon be forgotten.

Guest louderthebetter

Admit nothing except you had a large amount of money in your wallet and you

were startled when you felt someones hand in your pocket and reacted.

Just to be on the safe side,don't carry for awhile and tell Dumbass if he ever puts his hands on you again,it will result in an assault charge against him after you have

defended yourself from his assault.

Leave no doubt in his mind what your talking about when you tell him this.

We had a little chat and I told him he had issues with "Boundries". The gun never came out of my pocket, and nobody else saw it but him, so it's my word against his. If it comes up at with my boss, I'll not admit anything other than this wierdo tried to feel me up, and oh, by the way what are you going to do about that?

Hmmm, I would have to say threaten with an assault charge.

I think this would be the only way d*^k head will ever truly get the idea to not invade other people's space,especially yours.

Or, get right next to his face where you and he are the only ones to hear what you are going to say.

Give him 'The Look".

You know, the one where you don't say anything but dude has suddenly got a case of ESP!

Or Teen Werewolf.Michael J.Fox. growl at him in a real low rumble!:wave: