Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting

Pictures2150.jpg

Standing CC

Pictures2157.jpg

Standing OC

Pictures2154.jpg

bd99wj,

what holster are you using in these pics? whatever it is, it does a good job of concealing the gun. that's a full size XD, right?

I am using the CTAC by Comp-Tac, got it before the MTAC came out. I "upgraded" to the velcro "clips", sewed in velcro onto the back of my belt, so that no clips were shown on the outside of the belt. Yes, that is a fullsize XD-40 Service model with 4" barrel.

The last picture looks a little funny, I quickly tucked in my shirt and took the picture with timer...I was in my office, so I was doing it quickly, didn't want anyone walking in!

Guest hi im drummer03
Hey that was the day of the Daddy's and Donuts. I thought you looked a little heavy on that side.

PS. The shirt makes a difference.

+2.That shirt does make a difference.Also if you going to conceal. I would say IMHO opinion the shirt over the gun should be tucked. In a time of stress when you really need it.Its not going to be easy to untuck and draw...

Awesome, thanks! I'll defenitely take a look at this one.

I tried any number of off the rack IWB holsters back when, including that Galco Stow and Go you're using...I found that anything with a single attachment point just wasn't stable. I also found that anything that attached in any way at the already thickest point of the holster/gun was unsuitable.

Even though it generally makes the entire holster larger in surface area, having two clips/loops/whatever, off the middle body of the holster makes the affair thinner for less printing, and more stable; also, most allow for at least some degree of adjustable depth and/or cant.

- OS

Hey that was the day of the Daddy's and Donuts. I thought you looked a little heavy on that side.

PS. The shirt makes a difference.

Nooo, I was light that morning. Holster yes...I disarmed before I got on property....yep.:D

+2.That shirt does make a difference.Also if you going to conceal. I would say IMHO opinion the shirt over the gun should be tucked. In a time of stress when you really need it.Its not going to be easy to untuck and draw...

The shirt does help. A white shirt, especially if a cheaper dress shirt that is thin, you can sometimes see the tacticoolness of the black come through. So you got to be careful.

As far as tucked in, you just have to be aware that there is added time to your draw. You, either have to reach across your body with your weak hand to untuck as you draw, or you have to use your strong hand and untuck then draw (like if your left arm doesn't work due to injury, or if you are untucking and you don't want to bring attention of crossing your body with your weak arm. Whatever the case, whatever the scenario, you got to practice.

Guest Muttling
I tried any number of off the rack IWB holsters back when, including that Galco Stow and Go you're using...I found that anything with a single attachment point just wasn't stable. I also found that anything that attached in any way at the already thickest point of the holster/gun was unsuitable.

Even though it generally makes the entire holster larger in surface area, having two clips/loops/whatever, off the middle body of the holster makes the affair thinner for less printing, and more stable; also, most allow for at least some degree of adjustable depth and/or cant.

- OS

I run Bullard's tuckable for my j-frame. It doesn't have any stability problems and can adjust to any angle I desire.

33797689_scaled_202x312.JPG

I run Bullard's tuckable for my j-frame. It doesn't have any stability problems and can adjust to any angle I desire.

33797689_scaled_202x312.JPG

Well of course you should know I'm a big fan of David's work. Glad you find this model of his stable, but of course it is thicker in the middle than one with offset attachments - carrying an already thick gun like my XD, extra thickness is the last thing I want.

- OS

Well of course you should know I'm a big fan of David's work. Glad you find this model of his stable, but of course it is thicker in the middle than one with offset attachments - carrying an already thick gun like my XD, extra thickness is the last thing I want.

- OS

Hey, XD's aren't thick, they are just big boned.....:tinfoil::D