East Tn TGO Members NOVEMBER 2007 Meet

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-ACT tests?

Good grief. They did well to get us to take the ACTs at all when I was growing up.

I think youth of today are over tested and under educated.

(That's not a personal comment, Cody)

The test I always get a chuckle about are Virginia's Standards of Learning exams. Whenever I hear a news story about students taking the SOLs, I always think of something else for that acronym.

*losing patience*

.........And these pre-ACT tests aren't helping!

The best way to take an ACT is well-rested and not hungry. Just use your common sense and some problem solving. You'll be fine. I'm no genius, and I got a 31 and a 32 the times I took it in highschool. Stay calm and do your best, pick the easiest problems first.

:stir:

The PACT is mandatory for all sophmores, as of this year, and decides if you get put in the "special help" classes for any of the subjects next year. Geometry was put in the Algebra section of the test, but only about half of the students had even taken/were taking Geometry. That's the only test I had a problem with, otherwise I did great.

I think youth of today are over tested and under educated.

I agree wholeheartedly. We aren't learning very many skills that can be applied in the real world, we're just taking a whole year to study for one big test. Society and the Government are putting too much emphasis on measuring everything. I'm smart, but just not at some things. Makes me no less smart than the honor student in Nebraska, he just wastes his life more than me.

Seeing as it's about a week till, shall we start getting travel plans set up and final tallies started?

There's something to put on your job resume. See how many callbacks you get. :)

Except security jobs, not enough. I wish that could get me a job, but no, I have to get this diploma that really means little education- and skill-wise (aside from Vocational classes. I get Criminal Justice next semster!)

Guest Verbal Kint
Except security jobs, not enough. I wish that could get me a job, but no, I have to get this diploma that really means little education- and skill-wise (aside from Vocational classes. I get Criminal Justice next semster!)

Hang in there... your classes may bore the crap out of you, but at the end of the day that little piece of paper on your wall will open many doors. In today's society, unfortunately, it's not always about being the smartest or best person for the job... it's proving to the other guy that you have the credentials to fill that spot. Study hard and kick every test's butt that they toss your way.

I'm working towards finishing my BS in Criminal Justice Administration right now. Cool stuff. :)

I know I need my diploma, and I need to get into better shape. I need ot stop procrastinating on that particular part...

At the end of this school year, I will only need one more Algebra class (Algebra 2), another Social Studies class, PE, a Foreign Language class (WTH? Spanish, German or French, and our national language is Englsh...), and a few Vocational credits. They blasted the Criminal Justice Intro to GPS class, so they now only have CJ I and II.

CHS doesn't have an RotC program, sadly. And I can't get transferred to the County school (excuse: "not good enough reason"), which has an NJROTC program.

Me, Mom, and I get to hound two others with the plans and asking them if they are sure they can come. Doug might come too. You might even get to meet my real dad.

My nephew, the evil pistol owner might be coming too. He is dying to come get his gun back and I am trying to get him to do it this coming weekend. But he works two jobs and has to sort things out. Anyway even if he doesn't come the evil pistol will be cmoing otu for the shoot, lol.

Me, Mom, and I get to hound two others with the plans and asking them if they are sure they can come. Doug might come too. You might even get to meet my real dad.

This is all caravaning, I might add.

Now, place?

Breadbox store on the corner at the Washington Pike exit off of I-640 eastbound.

The Breadbox/Shell Station would be to the right at the intersection at the end of the exit ramp. Basically, exit at Washington Pike, turn right onto Washington Pike, turn left into Breadbox/Shell.

Ricks,

A few posts back, I posted my home phone. From JC is easy - just run right up 26. Give me a call when you get close (either stone drive, or the next exit north) and I can talk you in - unless the others want to meet beforehand somewhere.