East Tn TGO Members NOVEMBER 2007 Meet

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6
I vote for all the above.

I also vote that the shootout between Mark and Tower ought to take place on the day of the Nov. shoot so there are ample witnesses.

:bowrofl:Mark is gonna shoot Tower? :rofl: By golly I'll be there! :eek::lol:

Okay, 22's at dawn - come one, come all, bring or borrow a 22 pistol. Anybody that beats' Towers' score gets a 'door prize'. Anybody that beats my score just gets beaten. :devil:

Rules:

I have to know how many are coming, or are reasonably certain (no penalties for early withdrawal) ahead of time, so I can pick the door prizes up beforehand. I will have enough for everyone who lets me know, prior to the 19th of this month. I MAY not have enough otherwise.

If you intend to borrow one of mine, please bring a box of STANDARD velocity, brass case ammo. I prefer to avoid running the hi-vel stuff through my old junk.

Bribing Tower is not discouraged, but strictly the responsibility of the participants. I don't wanna know... :eek:

Lastly, for the entertainment value, scores will be posted here. ;)

So if you're coming, sing out quicklike, please... So how about it, ya chicken?

Guest Phantom6
Mark@Sea wrote: ...Anybody that beats' Towers' score gets a 'door prize'....

Rules:

I have to know how many are coming, or are reasonably certain (no penalties for early withdrawal) ahead of time, so I can pick the door prizes up beforehand. I will have enough for everyone who lets me know, prior to the 19th of this month.

Sounds like you are expecting anyone that shows up will beat Tower's score. ;)

Is this what you are saying here? :devil: That's what it sounds like you are saying here. :eek:

Single action or double action shooting? What is the course of fire? How are the targets scored?

Never mind. Count me in! :up:

Oh I am in, I am in!!

I doubt I can beat your high accuracy target pistols but me and the single six will throw down. Well maybe throw up, but I am in.

Can we put Tower behind the targets for added incentive? oops did I just say that? hehehe

and

Mark@Sea wrote: ...Everybody when they beat Towers' score gets a 'door prize'....

Fixed that for ya ;)

I'm going, and I might participate. i onl have a really old single-action revolver, though. I only shoot standard-velocity ammunition anyways, so chalk me in as a newbie competitor.

look at all the comodians in here.

;)

Ok Mike..I'll make a side bet with ya. 10 bucks says I beat your score.:devil:

I'm in I think. I may end up working though. If I'm on a tower somewhere we may have to score it by postal rules.:eek:

Postal rules? Is that by how many coworkers you can gun down in a government facility?

Mike of the adequate caliber (hehe - sorry, Mike, I'm on meds right now)

Phantom 6

C.A.S.

Boomhower

A good start. Folks, this is a FUN match, for bragging rights. Everyone who participates will get a really worthless prize. Well, maybe not totally worthless, but seeing as Howard Hughes inexplicably overlooked leaving me in his will...

CAS, I believe you'd be better off using something you're familiar with, but if you want to use either of mine, you are more than welcome. I have a Colt Woodsman, and a Browning medallist. Well, I also have a truly ancient 4 barrel derringer that shoots 22 shorts, and while you're welcome to use it, I don't recommmend actually shooting it - try throwing it at the target, instead.

Targets will be standard NRA pistol - and a replacement center for a 300 yard rifle target in case Marswolf decides to show (hey, us old farts gotta stick together, ya know ;) )

Grinning, Ducking, and running for cover....

Guest Phantom6
I never know until the last second where I'll be. Don't worry about a prize for me. I'll just steal someone else's. :)

Silhouette targets at 15 feet and anything in the black counts?

Now, get it right, Marswolf old boy- anything in the black counts two points and anything in the white is one point.:D

Hey, hands off my "really worthless prize".

sniper.gif___________________________Thud.gif

Well, folks, I am departing the ship somewhat earlier than I thought :D (I seem to be a little under the weather).

The downside of this is a bit less cash available than I had planned. As a result, the Totally Worthless prizes will be limited to the top 8 shooters.

From the signup list so far, it looks like a pretty safe bet...:D

I'll make a side bet with ya. 10 bucks says I beat your score.:D

If I get to shoot supported, and use a rifle. I practiced some with the Ruger .22 yesterday and I can hold a pattern in about minute of acre with it.

:D :D

"otherwise" gainfully employed!

Should read "Julie put up with my loafing long enough and it is time for me to find a job!":rolleyes: :stir:

Mark I hope you are not too sick, :puke: nice to read you are getting off earlier but not for them reasons. Hopefully you will feel right as rain in short order.

Guest Boomhower

Well guys I'm not going to be able to make this one.:) I just checked my calendar, and I am scheduled to partake in an exicting 8hr special delivery class with my wife. Please allow a breif pause, while I leap for joy.

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

Annnnddd we're back. Seriously though, I won't be able to make it at all that day. I remember when we set up the appt., it was the only Sat. they were doing it and I thought "frech it, frech it, frech it." It was either that or 2hrs a weeknight for 4 days. With no child care provided, soooooo we had to choose the Sat. appt. Sorry guys, and I was looking forward to this one too.