East Tn TGO Members NOVEMBER 2007 Meet

Well, so far we have

Phantom6

Mike357

CAS & Mom & ?

TN_Renee (?)

Tower (unless he's working)

Marswolf, if the moon is right...

Well, I;m seeing about convicing the people I was supposed to take last time. One of which claims he is a pistolero and the other is a new shooter, who hasn't held a gun yet.
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats funny right there ,LOL:stir::D:)

as a matter of fact, mr. funny man..I expect to be working by the beginning of next month..so unless something goes wrong there..I'll miss the shoot. I apologize to everyone for that. I got a great offer made to me to work..so I work.

and mike, I have normally only worked 6 months out of the year anyhow..in that 6 months, I can make what an average fella makes in a year, usually a little better. Last year I made more than Julie and she's a nurse!

Now that I'm married, that will all change because I no longer have money. :D

My money is Julies' money...and to quote her..."she's got plans for my paychecks."

Tower we will all miss you if you are not at the shoot next month. I hope you stay safe where ever they are sending you. Keep them safety lines attached bud.

Hey, did you and Mark ever shoot it out over that .22 target gun? I would have ranked you as the favorite in the upcoming .22 Shoot and now from how you spoke of Mark's abilities he will have my number one seeding.

Nope, we were planning on doing that at the meet..to give others a chance to compete.

I will indeed do my best to stay safe..and I know you won't miss me by that much..you're not that bad a shot!:D

Speaking of home, and missing it, you guys should check out lawdogs' blog this week. its kind of sad, kind of happy and its all about home.

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/

CAS, this coming weekend is shaping up to be a bit busy - Mike may come up, I have a guy coming over to look at wiring my garage, I've got siding to stain and get up, and some lanterns to rebuild for someone... If you'd like to come up and sweat for the weekend, I could come down Friday and pick you up. Call it even on the reloading stuff. Do you have my phone number? Gimme a call....

Mark,

I am coming for sure, well God willing anyway. I will be happy to help you with anything you need doing. I still need to pick up a generator for the Coleman lantern. I thought Walmart sold them but not here. Going to try Gander Mtn next.

11:00, 11:30 Saturday ok? I even think the Karin is coming along.

Mike, if you give me the model # of the lantern, I may have a generator here. Is it a single or double mantle lantern?

Ah, doesn't matter. Bet you go home with a different one anyway ;).

Sounds good, CAS, but I will need directions if I come get you.

Mark, I am going to try to pick up a generator today, hopefully if I can get out to Gander Mtn before going to work. The lantern is a Coleman, double mantel. I have had it for a long time. It must be 25 years old I guess. I even have a case for it.

Can't wait til this weekend.

Went to Gander and picked up the generator, I will still bring the whole thing for you to give it a looking over.

Guest Phantom6

Damn! I'm out. I just realized that I have a Basic Pistol/TN Handgun Carry Permit class that weekend. It's a big one too (16 students) and I can't leave it to just one instructor. I'm 4 students away from maxin' out. It's gonna have to be "all hands on deck". We had a particularly bloody car-jacking down here a week and a half ago and the phone rang off the wall.

Cody, what happened to you? email and phone calls are your friend. Make sure you communicate better before the shoot on the 17th. You are welcome to ride with me if you need to, just gotta let me know and make firm plans.

We missed you though.

Mark showed me the ins and outs of using a Lee Loader. That is definitely a skill all shooters should have. The loaders are inexpensive and work great albeit a little slow. I am looking into getting another caliber now. (Mark, I made about 100 .357 rounds yesterday, it took a few hours but I was taking my time and trying to be careful. I did find that if I do not use the flairing tool there is a chance the casing will tear while inserting the bullet. I had three of those happen.) I want to try loading some rifle rounds next.

Mark also introduced me to the joys of shooting a Garand and a K-31. I am not sure which was a sweeter shooter.

I saw one of the prize packs for the .22 contest, wow, is all I can say!

Everyone needs to make their plans to come out. The range is looking good and it will be a fun time. For those that do not know how to get there from Knox we can meet and carpool or caravan up that morning. It is a ninety minute trip and a scenic drive to get to Mark's place.

I had sent Mark a PM, but the system was being a b*****d.

I'm going to go program your number into my phone, now.

Everyone from this area should meet up in a central location and carpool/caravan. I'm trying to get two people to come. Both were supposed to come last month, but there were complications. Mom wants to come this time, too. I know there ain't enough room in your truck, Mike, so Caravan it is!

Now, anyone else form the Clinton/Oak Ridge area coming?

Well for one thing, this one isn't televised. If it were and I recorded it the odds of making it home and watching the whole thing before I found out who won are fairly remote. Nope, sports are best enjoyed live.

Dotson, the Vandy game will be basically meaningless after Ark hands UT their hat this weekend. And if by some chance UT beats Arkansas then I think the Vandy game would be on TV.

I agree about sports being enjoyed live. I can't watch something once I know the outcome, even if my team won

Hope you decide to come out for the shoot.

If it's a late afternoon game I probably will come up. I can always listen to the game on the way home.

Even if we do lose to Arkansas we're not definitely out of it the way this season has played out thus far. Besides, it's not the destination, it's the journey. :)

Ricks, I got your PM, and sent you an e-mail with directions.

You didn't get it?

423-246-6433

Mike, glad you are having fun with the lee loader. I think they are fun (but I've been known to enjoy a hangnail, so your mileage may vary) and about the cheapest way to get introduced to reloading that I can think of...