90 day countdown

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer
I hope we get them before Thanksgiving. I don't know about your family, but for mine, it might come in handy.

LMAO!!! luckily mine is in CA still...but we are going to Cleavland MS to a friends house, I dont know my way around...so yeah, it would be good to have it while travelling.

Guest canynracer

GUESS WHAT I GOT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its so bright and SHINY!!!!

:D:woohoo::rant::rofl:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Over may be happy too????????

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to start holster shopping.

WE GOT THEM TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mother (she's with us for a few days) called us on the way back from the Prentice Cooper range and told us that we had two letters in the box from the Department of Safety.

And there you have it...39 days. That's not too bad.

Guest canynracer

I only have one...Sigma 9VE, I have an IWB and a new Galco SOB...now its time for me to save up for a Taurus 24/7 40, or 9mm...but what I REALLY want is a S&W 9 or 40 compact.

Guest canynracer

I realize now that I need a new belt though, one designed for a holster cause the leather dress belt I wear has lots of "rollover" so its not concealing the handle very well

Guest canynracer

I went to the range tonight...it was nice not having to worry bout locking it in the trunk, ammo seperate...stopped at a gas station, and stopped at Arbys.

Still felt like I was gonna get in trouble for carrying...LMAO....

I went to the range tonight...it was nice not having to worry bout locking it in the trunk, ammo seperate...stopped at a gas station, and stopped at Arbys.

Still felt like I was gonna get in trouble for carrying...LMAO....

Well you do know that everyone stares at you right.....:):stare::(:stare::woohoo:

:rock:

Guest canynracer

LOL...I wasnt thinking that, I was thinking that my tags expire this month, and if a cop pulls me over, I am gonna be in TROUBLE...cause, I have a GUN...LOL..I gotta get over that California mentality

Thanks for the congrats all.

I still need to get a good holster. I think I'm going to head down to Sportsman's Warehouse to look for one tomorrow unless someone can come up with a place with more inventory to look through. Personally, I'd rather buy from somewhere else but I don't want to wait to order online and, I like I said, not sure who has a bigger selection in town.

I did put the holster on that came with the XD9. Not exactly comfortable or easy to use.

I'm with Canyn...gotta get a new belt.

If I lived as close to Hero Gear as you do I know where I would be looking.

Well, an hour and half isn't right down the road with gas like it is, but I'm heading to Nashville next week and I know I'll be making a short detour on the way there. And I also know I won't get out of there without making my wallet a little lighter.

As for the WalMart story, I've been tasked with buying new toothbrushes (or shall I call them teethbrush...ha) tomorrow, so that may be my chance.

I stopped at the WalMart in South Pittsburg Friday to buy ammo for going to the range this morning. We'd just bought my wife's new gun Thursday (.357 SP101) and I wanted to try out .38 special, .38+P and the .357 mags. So, I asked for a box of each of those, and a box of 9mm and a box of .22s. The lady brought them over and said, "Are you expecting a revolution?" My response was a little quicker than usual..."Aren't you? Haven't you gotten the memos?". Nervous laughter ensued...

Guest Tombstone
I only have one...Sigma 9VE, I have an IWB and a new Galco SOB...now its time for me to save up for a Taurus 24/7 40, or 9mm...but what I REALLY want is a S&W 9 or 40 compact.

I am not sure of just how bad the trigger pull is on the Smith and Wesson, but when I was shopping for a new carry gun I was told that you don't want the .40 because the trigger pull is to hard. I guess that he was serious because he knew that he was losing a sale that day.

I never tried it for myself, but something to think about.

I can recall the first time I went out with my gun after getting the permit. I was a bit nervous. I felt like everyone "knew" that I was carrying. Now the only time I have any worries is when my cover garment pulls up a little in a place that is "iffy" for carrying. Like the zoo with its incorrect signage.

Congratulations you two. It would seem that the state probably prints permits up on the 15th of the month. If you were to get the paper work in on the first you might be lucky enough to make it in to that round. Otherwise you will be waiting until the next months printing. I could be wrong though.