A good spotting scope for under $100?

Does anyone know of a good spotting scope for under $100? I am not familiar with this type of optics and I am looking for a decent spotting scope that I can take to the rifle range for when I shoot at 200 yrds or better. Nice to see where on the target your hitting without having to walk down range every shot or two.

Thanks everyone.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Traumaslave

Your not going to find anything in that price range with enough clarity to see past 100 yrds. Not to say you need to spend $1k on a Leupold but, you will need to invest a couple hundred. I have a Bushnell Discover 15-60x60 that works very well and can be had for less than $200.

Bushnell Discoverer 15-60x60 Spotting Scope 781700 FREE S&H 78-1700. Bushnell Discoverer Spotting Scopes, Bushnell Spotting Scopes.

Guest FroggyOne2

Not even sure that your going to get the clarity that you will need with a spotting scope at the 200 buck range. I have an Alpen.. that I paid more than that for.. and it does a great job in seeing the mirage and spotter dics, even at 1000 yards.. but trying to see bullet holes at 200 sometimes I have a really hard time.. I see the bullet holes with me Leupold 24X BR scope better at 200 yards than the Alpen. Maybe it will work better for you.. but then again.. I need new glasses.. so that may be playing a part in it.. After Nov 7th and 8th.. I will be glad to sell it to you..

Not even sure that your going to get the clarity that you will need with a spotting scope at the 200 buck range. I have an Alpen.. that I paid more than that for.. and it does a great job in seeing the mirage and spotter dics, even at 1000 yards.. but trying to see bullet holes at 200 sometimes I have a really hard time.. I see the bullet holes with me Leupold 24X BR scope better at 200 yards than the Alpen. Maybe it will work better for you.. but then again.. I need new glasses.. so that may be playing a part in it.. After Nov 7th and 8th.. I will be glad to sell it to you..

What is the model number of your Leupold?

I will look it up and check out the specs and see if I may be interested.

Thanks

Guest FroggyOne2

The mirage will prob mess you up and on the lesser expensive scopes.. when you turn the power up.. they get really dark and hard to see with.. even my alpen at 450.00 does.. but it is beautiful at 20 power.. it is nice and clear.. but seeing bullet holes is out of the question beyond 200 yards.. most times the only way that your going to see .22 holes at 300 yards is if the target is well back lit. The only scope that I have ever owned that I could see the bullet holes clearly at 200 yards was with my Kowa.. but it was stolen.. and I have not been able to replace it. I could if I sold my Alpen and my Unertl spotting scopes.

Edited by FroggyOne2