New guy from Sparta

Guest lorenzo

Guest lorenzo

Last June my wife and I decided to jump on the "Don't Be A Victim" train. The last handgun I bought was over 25 years ago. Hadn't fired a gun in almost that long. Things are pretty quiet in my neck of the woods but after hearing of a couple of home invasions in the next county I decided that was close enough. Bought an early 2nd gen Glock 19 (I know, I know, flame me. It was a compromise. It fit my wife's hands better than anything else we'd tried.) took the safety course, got printed on 9/11 and received our carry permits last Saturday after just over a month's wait.

As my wife will testify, I don't have hobbies, I have obsessions. This gun stuff must be worse than crack. My list of what to buy next grows every time I pick up a gun magazine. Right now I'm craving a Beretta 92FS, a Sig 226, S&W 442, a Mossberg 590 and an AR15. What have I got into? There's no end, is there?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone once asked a Wyoming state senator "just how many guns DO you have??"

he replied " I'll answer that 2 ways.... One less than I want and none of your damned business.".

:) Collecting and shooting firearms is quite addictive. May I suggest you being with collecting the service rifles and pistols first (yep..that would be the beretta m9 or civ version 92f), the m-1911 .45 pistol. (this is fun because you can work backwards in time when you collect them and many service rifles were made for accuracy and reliability..so you get great value for your money!)

Then you run across that beautiful pistol that's never seen military service but its design is just exquisite...and you MUST have it. I have one like that now...Boom and I held a Springfield EMP and I decided that would be the next pistol that I buy.

Then you have to think about shotguns...you want to have a good room broom don't you?

does that about sum it up?

:stir:

What have I got into? There's no end, is there?

It ends when you have a Minuteman silo in your back yard. And even then someone is eventually going to invent something that makes a bigger boom. :)

It ends when you have a Minuteman silo in your back yard. And even then someone is eventually going to invent something that makes a bigger boom. :D

I know a fella that has an m1 tank... no lie!

I was approached by one of his minions and asked to speak one year at a convention on the capabilities of the m2 Bradley Fighting Vehicle, in its' various forms.

Guest lorenzo
I didn't see a 1911 on your list.

I went to a gun show last weekend and picked a Kimber up off the table. I was immediately infected. Add one more to my list.

Thanks to all for the suggestions of ultra high end ordnance. Now you guys have got me thinking bazooka.;)