Collapse Movie

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks...I guess... for the heads up. I would say it's worth seeing. Perfect timing for theater arrival. It's really not a joke anymore. All the threads on SHTF here, along with people I know who truely are preparing for the collapse or SHTF. Something just does not feel right. Does anyone not know someone who's preparing in some way or another? Food, water, guns, ammo, stash of (worthless) money. Sad we are here at this point that it's even discussed.

Too many credible people are all coming to virtually the same conclusion. They can't all be wrong....Looking at the list of appearances it doesn't look like it's going to be that easy to go see. I'm sure a dvd will be out soon.

the world is going to end in 2012. So who cares about the economy crashing?

Asteroids will hit the erath and we have nuclear winter killing all of us. if you do survive there will be a debillitating disease spread rampant throughout earth and kill pretty much anyone who survives the asteroid. If you survive that you may find yourself alone in a city with zombie like creatures as your only companion.

its a movie, yanno.

Nice entertainment.

I guess people forget a few things... Peak Oil - ok, so? They have been fear mongering over oil since the first major embargo/ shortage in the early 70's. Got us lovely cars like the Pinto and Gremlin. Then the late 70's, and now within the past two years...

And yet, these 3 events were not due to lack of supply, but market and political effects. OPEC and oil speculators.

FYI: If oil dries up within the next 10-100+ years, there are alternatives. Coal, natural gas, wind, solar, bio, wood, etc. The only major difference? Well, we wont be zooming around in our Suburbans...

I guess people forget oil is not God.

But, hey, people like this make tons of money... by fear mongering.

Yeti, aren't they the snow version of Big Foot? Now if those two groups ever got out of hand...

the world is going to end in 2012. So who cares about the economy crashing?

Asteroids will hit the erath and we have nuclear winter killing all of us. if you do survive there will be a debillitating disease spread rampant throughout earth and kill pretty much anyone who survives the asteroid. If you survive that you may find yourself alone in a city with zombie like creatures as your only companion.

:P:eek::panic:

its a movie, yanno.

Oh...:biglol:

:P

Yes - they are snowy bigfoots.. Hopefully this movie will touch on possible Yeti attack in the coming collapse. OhShoot seems to think they are our "friends" .. I have my doubts. Maybe OhShoot is a yeti? hmmm... icon5.gif

Part yeti, part cherokee, part drunken Scot. A real mess.

Want to know the truth about yetis? Watch the authoritative 1957 The Abominable Snowman, where one learns of the yeti's deep wisdom and sadness.

As far as Collapse, it seems to revolve around a pretty simple question to me: just WHAT set of circumstances could even remotely transpire to make things significantly better, either/both here in US or worldwide?

I see nothing but an inevitable big die off. I believe it was set in stone around the time of the 4 billionth humanoid's arrival.

It's really an ecological imperative, but will manifest as an economic one.

The yetis know, of course. And will abide.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

what caliber for Yeti's?

I am not so sure we will ever use up oil, even in my grandkids lifetimes. I think the earth is distilling more of it all the time. Oil fields once considered dry have oddly refilled with the stuff.

I do think OS is right with the big die off. Maybe I will get lucky and be part of that.

As far as Collapse, it seems to revolve around a pretty simple question to me: just WHAT set of circumstances could even remotely transpire to make things significantly better, either/both here in US or worldwide?- OS

Immediate freeze on any more spending, can cap and trade, Get rid or the one world government idea, close our borders, make politicians live by the very same rules they adopt for us peasants. I don't know OS. By the real numbers it's almost imposible to turn around.

Had to laugh...Numbers came out for cash for clunkers. Each car sold under the program cost the taxpayer over $24,000.00! All that and now GMAC is looking for more help. Barney Frank needs to get over himself and run very far.

Guest mustangdave

To use a term made popular recently...what they're speculating on is an ECONOMIC "PERFECT STORM"...possible?...yes, probable...maybe...am I "prepared"? No but I'm getting there a little at a time. No credit card debt...liquid assets...MRE's...ammo...and water

^^^^^

thats funny right there. Reminds me i need to get it out and dust it off. Never know when a yeti may go on rampage in Corryton.

I'd tell you to shoot it a few times to get rid of the dust but figure you'd have to go through a box and a half of shells just to get started. :)

Theres nothing wrong with being prepared and buying as you go but please for the love of god don't go off the deep end and get into debt just because you need 5 pallets of ammo and a $10,000 security door, etc....Look at all those poor fools and doom-sayers that sold everything and moved into the middle of nowhere worrying about the world ending on Y2K.

Guest Wills99z
Nice entertainment.

I guess people forget a few things... Peak Oil - ok, so? They have been fear mongering over oil since the first major embargo/ shortage in the early 70's. Got us lovely cars like the Pinto and Gremlin. Then the late 70's, and now within the past two years...

And yet, these 3 events were not due to lack of supply, but market and political effects. OPEC and oil speculators.

FYI: If oil dries up within the next 10-100+ years, there are alternatives. Coal, natural gas, wind, solar, bio, wood, etc. The only major difference? Well, we wont be zooming around in our Suburbans...

I guess people forget oil is not God.

But, hey, people like this make tons of money... by fear mongering.

Yeti, aren't they the snow version of Big Foot? Now if those two groups ever got out of hand...

I believe peak oil is a reality, we live in a world with limited resources and it is thought that oil extraction follows what’s called the Hubbert’s peak whether it be a well, field, region, or the entire world. Eventually demand will outstrip supply and we will find ourselves on the downward slope. It won’t take a complete loss of oil either, remember the high prices after Katrina which could be considered only a small interruption in supply.

I realize that there are other forms of energy but our society is very dependant upon oil in every aspect production, delivery, and consumption practically every good or service you use in your daily life was probably made possible by oil. You could even say that 5 out of 6 people currently living in the world owe their existence to oil. We simply don’t have the infrastructure in place to simply switch to another form of energy.

Edited by Wills99z