Gallatin Gun Club Match This Weekend

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's going? Robert, what is the round count?

According to the Gallatin gun club website it will be a shotgun/pistol match. One stage of pistol and two stage of pistol/shotgun. IDPA scoring. 60 rounds pistol, 30 rounds shotgun, no slugs.

Robert,

It sounds fun but I will be going to the shoot close to the house. I will come and shoot with you guys out there in Gallatin. I really wanted to shoot last month cause I was working in Gallatin TVA. But we were working that weekend. Hope to shoot with you again Robert..

Allan

ok guys; The website is wrong, It has the 13th. It is saturday the 12th. 60 pistol, 9mm, .40S&W, .45ACP and .38 special if you are brave. 25 birdshot or AA trap shotgun rounds min. bring extra. We will be using IDPA safety rules. 3 extra mags can be carried. Scoring will be using IDPA software, so use IDPA pistols rules. Gallatin gun Club Range at the TVA Gallatin Steam Plant. Right at the gate and wait at the gate to the range. Someone will let you in. Try to be at the range by 9:00 AM Stages are 1 of pistol only and 2 of pistol/shotgun. stage one is 20 rounds pistol, stage 2 is 22 pistol and 12 shotgun, stage 3 is 14 pistol and 11 shotgun.

I just got off the IDPA web site. I Sooo want to get involved and learn to do this... I'm a Newbee

Then just come on out. New Shooters are always welcome at the GGC. You'll find IDPA to be the most low-key and easy-going group of folks that you could ever hope to shoot with. And we'll keep you safe.

I'll be that dashing, good-looking, high-speed/low-drag, final hope & prayer of a nation, old tac-cool tough guy, retired war-weary vet..., who is still shooting a Beretta and 870 Pump. :rofl:

Anyone got a holster they could lend me that'll work with an M&P? Just got the gun yesterday and ordered a Blade-Tech set-up today... But I'd like to shoot this if I can...

The only thing I've got that'll work with the new M&P is one of those flimsy Uncle Mike's neoprene IWB's, don't really feel like shooting myself if I try to use it...

Then just come on out. New Shooters are always welcome at the GGC. You'll find IDPA to be the most low-key and easy-going group of folks that you could ever hope to shoot with. And we'll keep you safe.

I'll be that dashing, good-looking, high-speed/low-drag, final hope & prayer of a nation, old tac-cool tough guy, retired war-weary vet..., who is still shooting a Beretta and 870 Pump. :D

If they are so open to "new shooters" why has their website always said "Our membership is closed and we are not accepting any applications at this time"? I'm a Sumner County guy, and probably would have joined a long time ago, but it seems it's easier to get invited to become a member at Augusta National Golf Club.

If they are so open to "new shooters" why has their website always said "Our membership is closed and we are not accepting any applications at this time"?

IDPA matches always welcomes new shooters. You don't have to be a GGC member to shoot a IDPA match. In fact any type of posted match at GGC are open to visiting shooters (trap, service rifle, etc., etc.).

The club itself has a limit on the number of members that are allowed. The land that the range sits on is Federal property controlled by TVA. The TVA limits the total membership of the club since the area is controlled entry. That is why membership is closed.