M&P compact 9m

Bubbatn

I was just wondering what you guys thought a "good price" would be on a new and/or used M&P compact 9mm? I've seen alot of prices, from up close to 600, down closer to 500 for new ones, i'm just wondering what kind of price I need to look for if I decide to look into one of these. I am hoping if I do look into one though, that I may be able to find a good deal on a used one, but I'm not gonna overrule getting a new one either if the price is right. Also, Where do you guys tend to find the better prices at?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, If I decide on this one, I will definetly have to try to find one of these deals on a used one. However, I did go to another local gun dealer(he doesn't keep them in stock, but can order) and got a price on a new one(M&P9C)...$530, plus $20 bucks for the background check(is this normal?).

Also got a price on a new Kahr CW9, it was down closer to what i'm hoping for....$419(plus the $20 background check fee). Cheapest price new that i've been able to find, and its local too so wouldn't have to worry with a transfer fee and such.

BACKGROUND check is only $5

Im pretty sure its actually $12.00 It recently went up(?). $530 for new doesnt sound too bad though, but then again I buy my guns like I buy my cars (used) 99% of the time. To me it doesnt make sense to take a loss when you can buy one slightly used and it looks/functions the same as a new one for in the M&P's case $80 less. I dont know about you but I can find a lot of other things to spend $80 on (like ammo or extra mags). I know there is a certain mystique about a "virgin" gun, but when it comes down to it most quality guns that havent been abused(which is really easy to check for) can be cleaned to "new condition" and most people could never tell the difference. just my $.02

Im pretty sure its actually $12.00 It recently went up(?). $530 for new doesnt sound too bad though, but then again I buy my guns like I buy my cars (used) 99% of the time. To me it doesnt make sense to take a loss when you can buy one slightly used and it looks/functions the same as a new one for in the M&P's case $80 less. I dont know about you but I can find a lot of other things to spend $80 on (like ammo or extra mags). I know there is a certain mystique about a "virgin" gun, but when it comes down to it most quality guns that havent been abused(which is really easy to check for) can be cleaned to "new condition" and most people could never tell the difference. just my $.02

If I get the M&Pc I will definetly be getting a used one. The only reason i'm considering buying a new Kahr is due to the fact, there warranty is only good for the original owner(5 yrs)...plus the fact that their prices is about $100 cheaper than a new S&W. But like i've said, I'm still looking, and hoping to get my hands on a S&Wc this weekend to try out(shoot).

Thanks for the input though.

If I get the M&Pc I will definetly be getting a used one. The only reason i'm considering buying a new Kahr is due to the fact, there warranty is only good for the original owner(5 yrs)...plus the fact that their prices is about $100 cheaper than a new S&W. But like i've said, I'm still looking, and hoping to get my hands on a S&Wc this weekend to try out(shoot).

Thanks for the input though.

Bubba,

The Kahr CW9 9mm(7+1) is a great gun, but keep in mind it has a much more limited capacity then the M&P9c(12+1)...as far as concealibility its slim frame does make it slightly easier to conceal imho. Bubba where do you live? I have a M&P9c we could probably set something up if your close by.

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
Bubba,

The Kahr CW9 9mm(7+1) is a great gun, but keep in mind it has a much more limited capacity then the M&P9c(12+1)...as far as concealibility its slim frame does make it slightly easier to conceal imho. Bubba where do you live? I have a M&P9c we could probably set something up if your close by.

Yeah, That is kinda why i'm having a hard time deciding....I like the capacity of the M&P, but I like the size of the Kahr.

I live in Tazewell(about an hour north of knoxville), However another TGO member(m&pc9) has offered to meet me at Gunny's Indoor Range to shoot his M&P9c. I have something I need to pick up down in Maryville anyway, so this works out.

I do appreciate the offer though!

Edited by Bubbatn
Another plus for the M&P9c is that it will accept the fullsize mags.

It does stick out of the bottom, it works very well at the range and

if anything goes "bump in the night" at home... you have an additional 5 rounds. ;)

Thats good to know, i never even checked that out...but I do have 6 12rd mags for things that go "bump in the night" :D

Another plus for the M&P9c is that it will accept the fullsize mags.

It does stick out of the bottom, it works very well at the range and

if anything goes "bump in the night" at home... you have an additional 5 rounds. ;)

The one I sold included a mag sleeve for the fullsize mags. It extended the grip nicely.