Please Help Recommend Some Range Shoes

Guest MidTNShooter

Guest MidTNShooter

I have seen people wearing football cleats at different ranges for traction. Do you advise for against and what would be your recommendation?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually wear my general purpose hiking/work shoes, Sketchers Blue-Ridge. Tough & comfortable.

I have seen a few ladies wear sandals at the range. Saw one have a hot brass fall between her toes once, too... :up:

Just wear something that covers your whole foot (wear socks, too), is comfortable, and has at least some tread (not quite as improtant indoors). I don't see any reason why regular sneakers wouldn't work, as long as the mouth isn't so low or wide as to allow hot brass inside next to your foot.

Guest MidTNShooter

Yeah, currently I wear some shoes similar, but was wondering about a small cleat style. Too big of a cleat can cause ankle damage. Especially at my mid life crisis age.

MTS

Guest MidTNShooter
Typical USPSA "gamer" gear.

Not legal for IDPA.

Yeah I know about pistol mods and speed holsters, but shoe wear shouldn't fall in that category. They would see it more of a range safety issue not a IPSC/Jesse James thang.

MTS

• 1 month later...
Guest Phantom6
I wear hiking boots if I'm at an outdoor range. Good ankle support and enough tread bite for walking up grassy slopes, etc.

Roger that!

Guest MidTNShooter

I only wear my shoes (soccer shoes) when I intend to do a lot of running and quick stopping while shooting. Otherwise if I just drop down to the local range, I shoot in bunny slippers and boxer shorts. If I feel manly, I also wear my wife beater T-shirt and beret. (haha) :D

MTS

Guest MidTNShooter

Yeah, but have you seen me slip on mud, fine gravel or my dog at ten o'clock while it sleeps at the end of my bed? I have running shoes, I use for hanging out with friends (no running). I have steel toe slip on shoes for work where I work no where near danger (actually they are quite comfortable) and soccer shoes (cause I'm a slip on everything from the animals at night to the words where I have been the last two hours to the wife). I like the tracsion they offer. I am a member to a half a dozen forums (NSPSA, IDPA, IPSC, etc.) and footwear is as important to the shooters as the beer that is stored in the cooler in their....... wait, wrong forum (just kidding). It doesn't sound like much, but when you shoot as lousy as me, any help CAN HELP.

Take Care,

MTS

• 1 month later...

hahahah that was funny MTS!

look..

Don't worry about the shoes.

stop thinking about the little things...FOCUS on the shot.

every time!

after that, it won't matter if you've got hoofs or toes or cinderella slippers..

sounds like you're worrying about inane stuff..SHOOT! don't think.

its not a competition..its fun! approach it as such. use it as a source of outlet.

when you can do that...then you will no longer worry what type "zapatos" you're wearing.

if shoes were important...our guys in the service would have air conditioned, multitasking shoes with holographic interface types....

just wear a pair of lightweight,comfortable boots with good tread and concentrate on your shots..I promise you wont have any complaints.

Guest db99wj

I wear Croc's they are great until a some hot brass stovepipes in one of the the holes!!!!

Just kidding, I have no specific shooting shoes.

Bump.

hahahah that was funny MTS!

look..

Don't worry about the shoes.

stop thinking about the little things...FOCUS on the shot.

every time!

after that, it won't matter if you've got hoofs or toes or cinderella slippers..

sounds like you're worrying about inane stuff..SHOOT! don't think.

its not a competition..its fun! approach it as such. use it as a source of outlet.

when you can do that...then you will no longer worry what type "zapatos" you're wearing.

if shoes were important...our guys in the service would have air conditioned, multitasking shoes with holographic interface types....

just wear a pair of lightweight,comfortable boots with good tread and concentrate on your shots..I promise you wont have any complaints.

Guest MidTNShooter

Well the soccer shoes performed great, and as for the cinderella slippers comment...... well the shoes ALSO help me to those cute little toe stands. I just can't find any too toos that go with the manufacturers logo.

Quick Joke ! How do you put an elephant in a Safeway Bag?

Take the S out of Safe, and the F out of way.

Take Care,

MTS