A Thank You To TGO Regarding The Guns & Gear Expo

• Administrator

My free time lately just hasn't existed. Period. My "day job" keeps me insanely busy and does not provide for Internet access to fun sites like TGO for security reasons. Also because of the construction of the facility and how deep into it my office is, I can't get a good wireless signal to use an air-card on my laptop at lunch. So my ability to get on TGO and participate is limited to 30 mins in the morning and a few hours in the evening.

I say all of that just to illustrate that I could not have pulled off my part of the Guns & Gear Expo this past weekend without the help of a lot of folks here on TGO (my wife included).

Several of our members were present as workers both days. A few more were present either on Saturday or Sunday. These guys worked hard to make sure that firearms for sale or trade were checked in and secured, that vendors were taken care of, and that those attending had a warm shuttle bus to ferry them from their cars to the front door and back.

These guys roughed it out in the cold and wind on Saturday and sucked it up when the rain started on Sunday.

I also want to thank all of the TGO members who came out and made the show a success in the eyes of our vendors. I know Winchester is a bit of a haul for most of us (1.5hrs for me + hotel stay) but for various logistical reasons it made the most sense to use that facility for our show. We'll be back there again in March but we will be looking at the possibility of a Nashville-area show subsequent to the March event.

This thing will get bigger. Many of our vendors were impressed with the concept and understood the need to reinvent the "gun show" industry. They are going to join us on our crusade against sucky-ass gun shows so you will see these guys again. You're also going to see others, and more diversity.

We learned a lot this weekend. Neither Joe or I had ever done a gun show prior to this so the learning curve was essentially a 90-degree climb. We're going to take what we learned, refine our theory of operation and make the next event even better.

I hope you'll all come back.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Steve411

I attended the expo on Sunday and I hope you get many thank yous from members in return for yours and Joe's work . It was 208 miles round trip for me and totally worth every minute to me. I was a bit leary when I hit the door and saw how much empty spabe remained in the building but after a very few minutes I could tell this was the cornerstone of something that can become a premier event. I got some great information from the Beretta guys about a WWII vintage pistol I brought with me and every booth was like walking through a buddy's back yard, super friendly and wanting to show help or talk. I did go by the TGO lounge several times and never did catch a person in there though. And I saw a couple of items that I'll be making a return trip to Hero Gear to pick up. Thanks again guys and I'm really looking forward to watching you make this thing grow.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214
I did go by the TGO lounge several times and never did catch a person in there though.

We were all out on the floor some where. Not to mention there was fewer of us on Sunday than there was on Saturday.

Guest GimpyLeg

David, Joe, and all who helped and participated, a BIG Thank You! My son-in-law, a buddy and myself made the trek from Fayetteville Saturday and spent several hours. Got to meet Ben, saw a few familiar faces I could put names with from previous pics on TGO. Fell in lust with a Tarus 1911 at Hero-Gear's booth, but had to walk away (for now).

I hope al of the vendors felt it was worth their while and will be repeat participants in the upcoming shows.

Again, guys and gals, Thank You for your efforts.

-David

For reasons I won't go into here, I didn't make it Sunday as I was planning. Come hell or high water I will be there in March. You can count me in to help as well.

Ill go into it though.

My wife's normal shopping wingman wasnt available so I got detailed Sunday morning when I woke up.

Excellent show and outstanding effort. This is what a gun show should be representative - quality manufacturers and vendors, quality firearms for sale, and other items of interest that surround the gun-hobby. The venue was fine with me - I was happy to walk about and spend extra time at booths, handling inventory, and talking to the reps.

I will travel for the next one, or be happy to attend the show if it's closer to home. Either way - I'm there. Awesome job for a first-time effort (and successful, at that.) Thanks again, David and Joe (and to everyone that helped out).

Thanks to David and Joe and everyone else for putting this together. I was happy to help out for the two days of the show, but I know that a lot of time and effort went into this thing well before the show dates.

I had a great time hanging out with my TGO friends both old and new. Hope that you guys will invite me back again in March.

Guest oldsmobile98
So what was the vendor response on the event?

I was there representing Second Amendment March (a grassroots movement to launch a massive march in Nashville and also in D.C. in support of gun rights this spring). I'm the college coordinator, and I'm also going to try to help out Tom Harvey, who is the TN coordinator. Any questions, just ask.

I liked the expo a lot. Wasn't selling anything, so I can't really come at it from that angle. But I can tell you that

1) It is a great concept.

2) I met some great folks: workers, vendors, and customers. Definitely a positive experience. Thanks to all involved (esp. David, Joe, and their families).

3) More people will come in the future. I asked my suitemates, but they were wrapped up in final exams and such. I am planning on bringing some folks with me next time.

4) All of you should give me lots of teh moneys so that I can buy more guns from these vendors and stimulate the economy. Thanks in advance...

5) I am planning on being at the Expo in March 2010. See you there!

Wish I could have made it, but company from out of state - the holidays...

Anyway, I do wish you could put in Nashville, but where? The only place truly suited for such a show - a place with great space and parking - is the State Fair Grounds - which the city is closing. Where else is there to put on any kind of gun show? (incl the agreed crappy-@ssed ones...) Is there a good spot near Murfreesboro? Smyrna?

I highly doubt you are going to get to run any gun show in the Miserable, erm, Municipal Auditorium or the Sommet Center...

Guest TNender
So what was the vendor response on the event?

We were very happy with the event as a whole. While we were not the most popular company there with some of the attendees we had a great time. Got to talk to allot of folks and sell a few things while we were at it. We look forward to coming back bigger and better in the spring. I know for us it was also a learning experience we haven't done many shows lately and are still figuring out what you guys want, while we would love to pick up our whole store and set it down at the show that is not possible, so we are still tweaking our wares based on feedback from places like this and talking with you guys at the show. A big thanks goes out to David and Joe for putting on a great first show and being very welcoming host's.

Jason

Tactical Response Gear

• Administrator
Ive read all the threads of what people have like and disliked. Everyone wanted more vendors. On the ammo side how about inviting Ammodirect or Georgia Arms. This is just a suggestion.

I guess I'm still a little burnt out from the show and everything leading up to it, so this is going to sound grouchy... but who says we didn't invite these people? Some of you guys really have no idea how much work we put into this show to get the vendors who did show up.

Georgia Arms, Atlanta Arms and a few other ammo vendors were invited. We had another vendor (of reloading supplies) stringing me along for months only to never come through with their registration.

• Administrator

Holster manufacturers, ammo guys, reloading guys, gear vendors, gear companies, training companies, other manufacturers, hunting oriented vendors & manufacturers, black powder rifle manufacturers, archery vendors and manufacturers, etc.

Pretty much anyone within any of those categories that either has a presence in AR, TN, MO, AL, MS, KY, GA, NC, SC, FL or has vendor reps in these areas.