WADDAYATHANK?

Guest Bonedaddy

I was burning time in a Walmart up in Northern KY a few weeks ago when I saw their Mini-14. I thought the tag said 489ish, but I could be wrong. It was just the basic wood, but after checking online prices just now I better get it if it's $489!

I'll be up there again next week, and I'll have to step into Wallys to double check that price. :D

Think it was probably $589 but idk if I would pay $489 for a Mini I understand what the rifles pros/cons are and I think the Mini is a hell of a rifle. But cant for the life of me figure out why they hold their value so well.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it was probably $589 but idk if I would pay $489 for a Mini I understand what the rifles pros/cons are and I think the Mini is a hell of a rifle. But cant for the life of me figure out why they hold their value so well.

Yeah, I kinda like them too, even though there's not a lot of reasons to have one over an AR.

But I'm pretty sure if I saw one new for under $500 I'd already have one.

- OS

25mm only available to the millitary. So that's our hard earned tax dollars going to pay $200 for a practice round. Hate to see what the payload round costs.

Just an aside, the Barrett rep didn't seem to be happy to be there. Had a "you can't afford my stuff, so don't ask any questions" attitude. I found this shocking considering my possitive experiences with their upper management, in the past.

I think that rifle is called the XM109.

Do not shoot a coyote at any range with a .22lr unless it is attacking you and you have no other option. Unless of course, you just want to injure it. If you want to stay in the same price range and annihilate a coyote at 300yds, pick up a Mosin Nagant. An SKS would also be fairly cheap and do well.

Guest Muttling

.22-250 would be my first choice as well. .25-06 and .223 would be my second choices.

If you look around, you can find these at pawn shops or gun shows for pretty reasonable prices.

i got a remington 770 .243 youth model for just this purpose. zeroed in at 200 yds and longest shot so far was around 225ish. for the money this cheap gun is absolutly awesome. The camo job is rattle can and the scope is a cheap one center point brand i think.

DSCN1638.jpg

Guest jackdm3

That's a pro job! You could easily sell your skills for like $30 each (not including paint) when they bring you the stock only. I'd say maybe $50 if you can put a good matte clear finish on them so the camo lasts.

Nice paint job! I like it!
That's a pro job! You could easily sell your skills for like $30 each (not including paint) when they bring you the stock only. I'd say maybe $50 if you can put a good matte clear finish on them so the camo lasts.

No doubt! I'd let you paint my gun any day.