What is the purpose?

Guest clownsdd

Guest clownsdd

What is the purpose of this?

Your Number of Guest Views Has Been Reached.

It appears that you've exceeded the maximum number of posts that you may view as a guest. To unlock the forum and continue viewing messages, all you need to do is sign up for a free account. The entire process takes just a few minutes so create your account now and view as many threads as you like!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clownsdd

And having someone sign up is going to help? Seems like we might be discouraging new members who want to have a better look. I do know that if I have to sign up for something before continuing, 9/10 times I will go elsewhere. They can't post, can't do much but look. No harm in that.

JM3C

Guest jackdm3

We have over 6,000 members but only 132 users right now. I don't know why that small number would tax the servers. We're all mostly 1s and 0s with not much streaming. But I could be dead wrong in my understanding of the needs of a system.

Guest bkelm18
And having someone sign up is going to help? Seems like we might be discouraging new members who want to have a better look. I do know that if I have to sign up for something before continuing, 9/10 times I will go elsewhere. They can't post, can't do much but look. No harm in that.

JM3C

Tell it to the man then. :death: Guess it's too troublesome to take 2 minutes to sign up.

Forums like this one live or die due the number of registered users. A forum with only guest users most likely isn't able to snag much in the way of paid advertisers. Like it or not, it takes some kind of cash flow to make a forum like this stay around.

No offense, but if you can't take the time to sign up after lurking for a while, then you probably won't be much of a contributing member of the group.

Guest clownsdd

If you look at many of the new member posts, quite a few have stated that they have been "lurking" for a while and decided to join.

It's the point of "forcing" someone to register.

snooze all you want hotshot, don't really matter.

Like I said, JMHO.

Guest jackdm3

New members should be classified as "Guest" for the length of the maximum number of posts, not "TGO Member" if that would clarify one's status. That way, one would know that the doom is coming.