My HCP Timeframe

Guest rebelyell

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rebelyell
Sorry for the bad news.... I guess it will be next year before we get them.

Well at least we have been issued,some others(bless there hearts)have had a much rougher experience than us.we are very fortunate.:D

Guest Sgt. Joe

Mine took 177 days due to toooo much BS....because of another state's multiple mistakes.

But when they said Issued Dec 10 and allow 14 days I thought, with Christmas mail no way until next year....I was wrong....it DID come Dec 24.

"My Rights in Laminated Writing" as I call it now.......Or "Legally Infringed to be Legally armed"

Notice neither makes much sense?.....:tough:

It took so long I wasnt really all that happy when it came, but over the past few days the comfort level has been nice, I got looked at "hard" by a sure thug just last nite at K-Mart and it was comforting to know Mr 9 was on my side. :) I guess he knew it too as he minded his business and I minded mine.....double:):)

Hang in there folks....I do understand your frustrations. Sounds like they may have overloaded the printing farm? I have never even heard such a term.???

But once they say approved and wait just :P and wait, all will be good.

This whole process is bull:poop:. No legitimate entity could stay in business providing the level of service we are getting from the state on these permits. 90 days is ridiculously long time to wait for something like a carry permit.

The whole "printers" excuse is also incredulous. You can get your driver's license at the center the day that you go there, but the HCP's, which there aren't even 1% as many printed per year, have to be sent to some special "printers"? Yeah, ok.

I was issued on the 18th after applying on 10/23, it should not take more than 3 business days for the damn permit to be in my mailbox after I'm approved. The state just doesn't give it's workers any impetus to work at a reasonable rate.

:cool::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

This could be why....

Mr. Carter, our records show that you applied for your permit on 11/23/09, your permit was issued on 12/18/09 and was downloaded at our print farm on 12/22/09. The print farm has not actually printed your permit yet, you should receive your permit in about 14 days.

We have ninety (90) days from the date you applied to issue your permit.

Lisa Knight

Department of Safety

Handgun Unit

1150 Foster Ave.

Nashville TN 37210

Phone: (615) 251-5330

Fax: (615) 532-3056

Lisa.Knight@state.tn.us

that's total bull:poop:. I've been waiting for over 6 months.

Guest speedlifted

Me and a Buddy were told on the phone that ours were issued to the print farm on the 18th..... and that "they had 90 days from the time of submission to deliver it" kinda seemed like a rude answer considering the profits that the HCP's are generating for the State! At $115 a person, the money should be rolling in... let the print farm work some OT!!!!!

Guest rebelyell
Have you call your congressman brooksjr ?

I think we all should call our congressman,and complain that they need to hire more help to get the HCP's to the hardworking, tax paying ,law abiding citizens.This 90 day :poop: is completely unacceptable and ridiculous! The whole process needs to be overhauled!:slapfight::stir::wall::cry:

I've had my HCP for quite some time now and the time you wait to get it in the first place is nothing compared to the renewing wait, the first time I renewed mine -I started the process about 2 months or so before they ran out, I recieved an extention letter to keep with you as a temporary permit and was in new plastic 1 month later, bringing the grand total of wait time to almost 4 months! That's almost 2 months longer than the orginal permit?

I guess there was about a few thousand back then where there is about a million now I guess? so, get started earlier than 2 months on your renewal because 4 years goes by pretty quick.

Guest rebelyell

My HCP didn't show up in my mailbox today :drama: not counting xmas day and new years day monday the 4th will be 15 days from my issue date of the 18th.looks like another week of waiting :chill: this is about to drive me :screwy: I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Guest Domestic

Rebel , Mine was also processed on 12/18/09 , I recieved one email from lisa night saying "Your permit was issued on 12/18/09 please allow 14 days for delivery from our print farm. Thanks"

Then today i recieved an email from JENNIFER BRAWLEY saying.

"It is still in process. How did you get my email address for this purpose?"

JENNIFER BRAWLEY

So im a little annoyed but at the same time its government related cant expect to much dealing with them.

Guest speedlifted

another sad trip back from the mail box today :-( like its never gonna happen?

gonna go buy a toy pistol and holster and practice at the store.... does that sound a lil crazy? LOL just sick and tired of a government that requires you to meet deadlines (i.e. paying taxes, tickets, etc) and then being so whatever when you ask something of them. we vote for these idiots and then they let us down time and time again! We may need to take it all back someday? what do yall think?

Guest jake0587

Its a peice of plastic...

The gov works like old ladies with no fingers. I would not rely on them.

Just carry. If something happens and you go to jail because you had to use, you'll be pretty damn happy your in a cell, and not a pine box.

Don't take this advice, I'm an idiot. But I bet I'm not a dead idiot. Lol.

Hope all your permits come fast for xmas time. I remember the feeling, and waiting. Its like your waiting for a chance to fight back.

Look at all the dead 16-20 year olds , raped, murdered, kidnapped, etc. Bet they wish they said f it and carryed some firepower.

Laws effect nothing, but law abiding citizens. The guy with the pistol grip shotgun waiting behind your car at walmart is not going to wait for your permit to hit your wallet.

So question, If it has been issued but not printed, how much trouble would you be in if you got caught carrying? I got mine 6 years ago at ETSU as part of a credit course for Physical Education. I was in Criminal Justice and it was a one hour credit Hehe. What a class for college credit hey? The wait sucked, it took a little over a month but they weren't getting swarmed with applicants that were scared of Obamunist either.

Edited by Krull
Guest Jcochran88
So question, If it has been issued but not printed, how much trouble would you be in if you got caught carrying? I got mine 6 years ago at ETSU as part of a credit course for Physical Education. I was in Criminal Justice and it was a one hour credit Hehe. What a class for college credit hey? The wait sucked, it took a little over a month but they weren't getting swarmed with applicants that were scared of Obamunist either.

BAD idea, law says must have permit on persons while carrying at all times.

Guest rebelyell

I got my HCP,app and fingerprinted on 11/10/09,issued on 12/18/09,received on 1/09/10.that's 60 days. my timeframe is complete.:D

Edited by rebelyell
So what were you all saying in your emails? I would love to email about mine (although its only been a couple of weeks) but I am not sure what wording to use.

To hurry mine up a bit I said basically that I would hold the State of Tennessee and the DOS legally, and financially, responsible for anything that happened to my family during the "issuance" period as I could not legally protect them without the permit. THat seemed to speed things up quick fast and in a hurry.