HandGuN Permit Badge Opinion?

Jayc, I guess I see your point about no evidence to support open carry vs concealed as far as a tactical advantage. But I guess I just dont want to scare little kids or people that are uncomfortable around guns in public places. (Like the guy with the mini ak at the park).

The only time I open carry is when on private property. But each to his own. In an Ideal world everyone would carry open proabaly be alot less crime. Too bad that is a far away planet called Gundar.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You had me with the badges are silly, but the open carry comment went a bit too far...

There is nothing irresponsible about open carry in Tennessee, it's legal and a number of folks do it without incident on a regular basis.

A number of folks here will argue that open carry puts you at a tactical disadvantage, and while I personally don't think there is evidence that proves that one way or another it's a point of discussion and a possible risk that you take when you open carry...

Personally I wish we could all carry the firearm(s) of our choice concealed at all times comfortably, but reality is that I'd rather see folks carrying open than not at all, and nobody should try and tell them what is the right carry method for them.

Are you going to start the same "it's OK to open carry any way you want to" indefensible defense you did in the Radnor Lake incident thread?

I see now why everyone said get out the popcorn, Being new i had no idea what kinda response this would get.

The opinion is in HCP badge not liked by the majority.

Over and out>

But on the plus side, you will probably hold the record for the longest thread started by a new member.:D

Oh, by the way, welcome and don't get offended by any of these posts.

Guest Sgt. Joe

The only Permit badges I have ever seen are the ones on here and another gun related forums.........the one in the OP however is the first I have seen with both name and ones DL number on it......?

I wonder if it can be used if you lose your permit or your DL....;)

It might just be worth the investment if so.......;)

And at least I will admit some of them DO look cool....on the internet that is:)

Should we make a wager board for how many times this question will be asked in the coming new year?......if so I want 20 for my number ;)

Search feature is a great thing but some new to here are not aware of it and may even be new to the internet, I think that is the reason for the mulitiple questions.

Heck I still cant figure out why all my posts are in blue and all the others are black? Have I been blue listed or something? :D

Heck I still cant figure out why all my posts are in blue and all the others are black? Have I been blue listed or something? :D

Hope you were asking in seriousness--if not, I apologize. In the message box, there is an A with a solid bar over it next to sizes that lets you select your font color.

Hope you were asking in seriousness--if not, I apologize. In the message box, there is an A with a solid bar over it next to sizes that lets you select your font color.

There not blue to me.

If the mail lady will just put mine in the mailbox these days, I will gladly put it in my wallet.Annnyyyy Day Now...

I predict it will be here by Thursday. You can thank me later.

I get you. The painting orange thing is just weird. Cops can usually also be recognized by the uniform, and the big, rolling billboard with screaming siren and lights that they show up in, too. I'm just saying if that little badge causes someone who is about to shoot you (as a HCP) to pause, it would be worth the ridicule that is handed out in heaping doses on this board.

Why would an HCP holder be about to shoot you unless you needed shooting? And if you did need shooting, why would he pause? And if he's not an HCP holder and he's about to shoot you, he probably just did. Just sayin'.

They're real. There's even a HCP school here in Middle Tennessee that not only offers them during class, but pretty adamantly encourages them.

IMO.....:D

They do. That's where I took my class. I was a gun liker at that point, but hadn't quite become a gun lover yet so I wasn't sure what the overall perception was. But when they were pushing them all I could think of at the time was the security guard at Ft. Lewis who used to wear his security guard badge on his belt when he went out clubbin' and I thought I better not go there.

Badges are for LEO's. That's it, and it's been that way in America since the wild west.

If you buy this badge you don't get a free pass. You're a wanna-be and you should be taken behind the woodshed and have the stupid beaten out of you.

Don't hold back.....don't sugarcoat.....tell us how you really feel. :)

I know. It's aggravating how some guys just aren't in touch with their feelings, isn't it?

Badge?

I won't even wear an NRA cap.

I'm DEEP undercover -- the plain clothes, narc squad type.

Ya never saw Serpico wearing a badge, didya?.

You didn't see me here.

WTF? Who just said that? Did you guys hear something?

Well this sheds new light on this...........I thought they all said Jimmy Latimer - so I didn't want one.

But, if I can get my name on one...........:P

Oooooooh. Now I'm sold.

There not blue to me.

That's because your monitor is black and white. Throw away the Commodore 64 and upgrade to Windows 7. Wait. Scratch that. Keep the reliable one.

Guest earthworm

It'd be nice if TN did issue a badge:might keep the good guy from getting shot if holding a bad guy at gunpoint & the cops arrive.OTOH I've heard cops say displayed badge or no if you ain't in uniform you're getting proned-out 'till we sort it out.

Permit holder badges DO serve one purpose:they keep the manufacturers & sellers off welfare*G*.

That's because your monitor is black and white. Throw away the Commodore 64 and upgrade to Windows 7. Wait. Scratch that. Keep the reliable one.

Now he'll never think something is wrong with his computer.

Why would an HCP holder be about to shoot you unless you needed shooting? And if you did need shooting, why would he pause? And if he's not an HCP holder and he's about to shoot you, he probably just did. Just sayin'.

I urge you to go to the kidnapping thread. There's scenarios where a HCP could think that the GG is actually a BG, and then mistakenly shoot the wrong person while attempting to defend someone else. This is why it is sometimes better to just be a good witness.

I'm also tattooing copies of these on both shoulders and a big one on my back. Now I just need to find a backpack that I can modify to carry a smoke generator and portable stereo to play my theme music.

I have one of these badges, I use once a year on Halloween to dress up like Sonny in Miami Vice. Other than that it hangs on the wall in my gun area next to my granfathers many badges he used before his death. These things will get you killed. The only use I could think of would be for open carry and that is only for what the op said "to make grandma feel more at ease" still at best it's a bad idea. Good idea if you carry a paintball gun and handcuffs, grow your hair out and don't take a bath for a month. Then someone might think your Dog the bounty hunter. If you want to look like LEO's, go to the academy. No disrespect intended.

I had a cop/friend tell me after I jokeingly told him that I was going to order one, that if I had in fact ordered one of these and in turn wore it, he was going to shoot it....on me.....

I would like to have one though, great halloween potential.

Reno911.jpg