Issued on the 18th

Seems a lot of people have been told that their permits were issued on 12/18. I called today and was told that mine had been issued then, also. Was that like a mass issue day before the end of the year or something? I called the morning of 12/18 and was told it was still processing. It almost seems that they issued all permits that were close to 90 days on that date to clear out the backlog or something.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a lot of people have been told that their permits were issued on 12/18. I called today and was told that mine had been issued then, also. Was that like a mass issue day before the end of the year or something? I called the morning of 12/18 and was told it was still processing. It almost seems that they issued all permits that were close to 90 days on that date to clear out the backlog or something.

I doubt that anyone, short of someone working in that office, really knows the answer to that question (and I suspect that those that work in that office are probably forbidden to discuss such things in an internet forum). :)

Based on what I was told while waiting for my HCP as well as what others have related here in the forum, it does sound as if they've been processing a lot more permit requests than normal plus, I was also told that for renewals, they are have recently been required to do a lot more work before they can renew a permit (as compared to before) which has also impacted their workload.

Now...I'm not trying to make excuses for them...they have a statutory obligation to meet and it's up to them to meet it but I will say that when I called I was treated well and I don't believe they every lied to me or simply offered excuses.

I would try to be patient but I would also suggest that if they do take longer than 90 days without just cause I would contact your State Senator and/or Representative and get them involved.

Guest rebelyell
Same here. Mine was issued on the 18th and sent to the printers on the 22nd. Should be here any day.

Mail just came,no HCP today,maybe tomorrow!Mine was also issued on the 18th.:)

My turn around has bee fairly quick compared to others I did my fingerprints on 11/28 and issued on 12/18, now I am just hoping they have actually been printed and mailed

I did the app and finger prints on 11/17. Maybe mine was issued on 12/18, too. I haven't called, but I will in the morning to see...

I didn't get mine either. Here's what I've been able to do since the 18th though:

Ordered my pistol from Bud's guns on the 23rd or 24th.

Drove to FFL in Manchester to pick up pistol on 27th.

Ordered new grips, two 17rd mags, mag loader, and holster all from different companies on 28th.

Decided to sell the two 10rd mags that came with the pistol after getting the two 17rd mags.

Sold them on CZforumsite.info.

Shipped them to California.

Bought two more 17rd mags after I shipped the 10rd'ers, got them in the mail today.

I did all of this in the time that it has taken so far for the state to give me something that I paid for and that they have already "issued". Keep in mind folks, that the issue date is the date that determines when you have to renew it. So the time between when it is issued and received is time that you have paid for.

What a load of crap.

I am with you guys on this one. I am so tired of waiting, but more tired of the run around. They told me on 12/7/09 it was approved and to allow 7 to 14 days. I call back on the 21st for them to tell me it was issued on the 18th. I just wonder if that is a standard reply they come up with?

Well I just figured it up and I am at 84 days today. Guess after this week I can really complain!!

Guest killerloop600

I sent an e-mail this morning to Lisa and she said the the print farm was behind due to a large volume of prints. she told me 14 days

Guest Domestic

Mine was "issued" on 12/18/09 also , Lisa said allow 14 buisness days from the 18th so im guessing this week or next week it should come in , It does suck waiting but cant expect much the only time the government gets in a hurry is if you owe THEM something if they owe you something its whenever they feel like taking care of it , You'd think that they would make the process fairly quick to make sure that everyone that wants or needs can legally carry and defend themselves , Not to mention we pay $115 that in it self should make it to where they will atleast give you a solid date on when you will recieve it instead of "we are slammed because holidays" or "We have 90 days to send it to you" but oh well i guess we will have to ;) and wait.

While ive been waiting ive been trying diff holsters an stuff and added some hogue rubber wrap around grips to my springfield gi for comfort , keeps me occopied while i wait.